Security Technical Lead - OUTSIDE IR35
This varied role will lead in the development and delivery of strategic priorities and project work in a number of key areas working with Technical leads, Solutions Architects and Project Managers. These include:
- Investigation, analysis and exploitation of new and emerging technologies.
- Solution design and implementation as part of the Project Lifecycle.
- Service development lifecycle and embedding good practice in both technical and non-technical settings.
- Policy review, development and implementation.
The role requires you to have responsibility for the development of services specifically relating to Security Technologies. The client have implemented a number of market leading security technologies from McAfee, Cisco, Citrix and Microsoft amongst other vendors. Although you would not be expected to have detailed knowledge or experience of all of these specific vendor technologies a broad understanding of five or more of the below is essential.Technologies covered
Successful candidate must have:-
- Reverse Proxy
- Forward Proxy
- End Point Security
- Network Security
- Enterprise Architecture
- Application Security
- Vulnerability Management
- Secure File Transfer
- Remote Access Security
- A willingness to learn and to develop new skills in this fast moving and demanding role.
- Knowledge of what you would expect to be contained within a security strategy and road map.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the Security Domain.
- Ability to review business proposals and provide specialist advice on security issues and implications.
- Knowledge of security risk assessments for business applications and computer installations in accordance with security policies.
- Experience of creating reports and technical documentation for a wide ranging audience.
- Significant experience of the highlighted technologies which will allow you to offer Tier 3 support.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in delivering projects which meet the needs of the business.
- Awareness of Information Assurance (IA) mechanisms to support the connection between networks or delivery of services.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage a workload with many competing priorities.
The successful candidate will need to work as part of a successful team whilst maintaining the highest standards of service. They should demonstrate strong inter-personal skills, knowledge of ITIL best practice and experience of working to a formal Project Management methodology are also essential.Length of initial contract:
3 MonthsStart date of contract: ASAPDaily Rate: Up to £500 per dayLocation:
To apply for this role or to find out about other IT jobs, please apply using the provided link or contact Alex Parcei
on the North East IT Recruitment team on 0113 234 6400
or email email@example.com.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.