Data Analyst, LondonWho We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today's most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier's Civilization.Role Purpose
We are looking for a skilled and hardworking analyst to join us in the growing global 2K Analytics group, with a focus on the EMEA region with the remit to influence at a global level.
Whilst this person will report to a manager in London, their immediate team will include colleagues based around the globe - Singapore, USA and Ireland - providing a broader perspective on trends and insights.
Our team works closely with 2K's regional marketing, finance, commercial, and sales teams, understanding and delivering against their analytical needs. We're able to do this by using the power of our multi-dimensional datasets, which include, but are not limited to, gameplay, behavioural, financial and marketing data.
By working alongside a variety of departments, we have the advantage of being able to see the whole picture, and to make connections that others may not have been able to identify by fusing data with business knowledge.
The right candidate will harness all of this powerful data to improve our understanding of the business and its drivers on a regional and territory-level to inform our business strategy, tactics and outcomes. Success in this role means making analytics relevant and impactful for our EMEA partners.
You are a structured problem-solver and data-driven decision maker. You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skillsets to contribute to some larger goals. You love to tell a thoughtful story from data and insight, with clear "so what's" while seeking and incorporating feedback from partners. You enjoy working out how to structure ambiguous and complex problemsResponsibilities
Key Skills And Requirements
- Analysing gameplay and sales data to extract compelling and meaningful business insights and communicate your findings and recommendations with various partners.
- To provide expert advice on the structuring, running and measurement of test and learn trials to improve insight and - ultimately - revenue. These will be focussed on retail led promotions and marketing activity to drive profitable new & returning players, and you'll be crafting the analysis that allows us to compare what happened vs. what would have happened.
- To act as a conduit between the regions and the central teams, sharing standard methodology from one to another and keeping the wider analytical community aware of challenges and opportunities that are region specific.
- Understand data science model outputs. Evangelize data- and model-based decision making.
- Establishing and distributing regular performance reports and dashboards.
- Build relationships across geographies, functions, and levels to embrace new ways of working and use existing ones.
What We Offer YouGreat Company Culture
- 2+ experience in fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies.
- 2+ years of experience with business and strategic analytics, and/or FP&A.
- Comfortable in using SQL to extract data from large databases (Snowflake experience would be a plus).
- Familiarity with other analytical packages, such as R, Python, Knime, etc.
- Familiarity with ML algorithms and model building is desirable (Snowflake experience would be a plus).
- Good analytical and quantitative skills with the knowledge to pull out the key stories in your analysis and present them in a digestible way.
- Familiarity with visualisation tools & libraries, eg. Tableau, PowerBI, ggplot, etc
- Demonstrable experience in an optimisation environment (e.g. CRM, web optimisation, etc) and ability to design and evaluate tests.
- Comfortable with working reasonably independently (reflecting the multi-time-zone nature of the wider team).
- Video games industry experience is a plus.
. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.Growth
: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.Work Hard, Play Hard.
Our employees' bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles - through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.Benefits
. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!Perks
. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!About 2K
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K's stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.