Passionate about data quality and management ?
Interested in Scientific and Scientific devices data ?
Keen to learn different business areas and handle data from a wide range of departments within a growing and renowned scientific and research technologies organisation.
If so why not read on ?
Our client, a globally reputed innovator in the scientific research technologies sector, is currently looking for a Master Data Management Consultant, to be home-based in the Worcester area of England or the Almelo area of The Netherlands, who will take hands-on Subject Matter Expert responsibility for business-critical data and its quality. You will act as a crucial business resource with the capability to fix, clean and manage data more efficiently on an ongoing basis.
You'll work closely with a wide range of business departments including engineering, supply chain, logistics, product management, pricing, sales, compliance and after-servicing.
Below you'll find the core responsibilities of the position , however, other responsibilities may arise as the position evolves.Responsibilities
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Maintenance of master data objects supporting the key business activities.
- Creation of ongoing master data to support cross-functional processes.
- Managing key export control, global and local regulatory data elements supporting strong compliance.
- Management and execution of the engineering change control processes , supporting sustaining new product introductions and lifecycle management.
- Management and execution of product costing processes.
- Driving Master Data quality and reporting efficiency across the departments, supporting timely and accurate business reporting.
- Taking an active role in the MDM Governance framework, defining metadata elements of the core business data objects, setting policies and standards.
- At least 3 A Levels or WVO qualifications in The Netherlands and / or a BSc degree in a data related area.
- At least one previous long-term experience in a similar position involving stewardship for business data.
- Professional experience working with ERP and CRM systems ( SAP /Salesforce) experience.
- Excellent Excel skills ( VBA would be preferred)
- Experience in manipulating many and large data sets.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to communicate cross-functionally with stakeholders across one of the business areas below and to empathise and understand the challenges they face with their business data.
- include : Engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, product management, pricing, sales, compliance and after-servicing.
- Confident, pro-active and results driven. You enjoy innovating in Data Management and bringing in new ways of managing data and making recommendations and how to make improvements.
- Experienced in virtual , remote teamwork with internal and external stakeholders within a global company ( you might have a request from EMEA one minute and APAC the next for example !)
- Quickly able to assimilate in a new team and understand the developing methods , capabilities and tools.
- Methodical, detail oriented approach.
You should be based within a commutable distance of our client's HQ near Worcester in the UK or near Almelo in The Netherlands for office based training for several weeks when joining and for 1 day a week thereafter. The remainder of the time this position will be home-based. Knowledge
- Knowledge of integrated business systems ; SAP/Salesforce/QAD, but in addition Pardot, BW4Hana and Power BI would be useful.
- Robotic Process Automation experience /knowledge is beneficial.
- Strong customer focus.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Self-development focus.
In return our client can offer an excellent opportunity for a data management professional to take their career to the next level , working within a truly global environment making a strong impact on how data is controlled and managed within a leading scientific business.
You'll have opportunities to develop and progress your career as the team grows, putting your own stamp on the function with your ideas and improvements. You'll come into contact with global stakeholders, broadening your cultural and compliance knowledge and gaining an international perspective to Master Data Management !