Join the team shaking up the legal world!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, tech-minded R&D Tax Specialist to join our growing team.
Around 60,000 R&D claims are submitted in the UK every year, and this number is expected to grow even more in the coming years. SeedLegals is supporting UK startups to process their R&D claims faster, and we are looking for an R&D Tax Specialist to join our team.
In the role, you'll guide companies on their R&D eligibility, help them build robust R&D tax credit claims, including assisting in writing their Technical Narratives, reviewing their accounts and performing tax technical research on the R&D legislation. You will work with the companies' accountant, and will give the companies the final approval to submit their R&D claim to HMRC.Responsibilities
- Review of Technical Narratives
- Review of Breakdowns of costs
- Interviews and discussions with the founders
- Performing tax technical research and develop a strong understanding of the R&D tax legislation in order to develop business and industry expertise
- You'll need to support other team members with technical questions about R&D
- Ambitious and confident
- Previous R&D Tax Credits experience, including experience preparing R&D calculations.
- Accounting role experience
- Experience in submitting Company Tax Returns
- Knowledge in bookkeeping software e.g. Xero, Quickbooks
- Experience in preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Experience in costing analysis
- Follow up skills and great organisational skills
You'll be joining an amazing team of founders, investors, developers and growth hackers. We're currently based just off Lincoln's Inn Fields (the legal heart of London).
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Access to world class training from some of the most experienced individuals in the UK in startup law, investment, and entrepreneurship.
- Learning, development and networking opportunities.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee, overlooking the gorgeous gardens at Lincolns Inn Fields.
- Contributory pension.
- We're looking to hire for this role as soon as we find the right match, so if that sounds like you - get in touch