Company DescriptionWe're changing up Britain
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. There's never been a more exciting time to join the CityFibre family. We're accelerating towards a full fibre future and delivering Gigabit Cities right across the UK. We're changing up Britain's digital infrastructure, boosting the economy, connecting communities and leaving a legacy for future generations.A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £47,308
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, car allowance, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.How can you change it up?
Our full fibre infrastructure is transforming cities, powering innovation and speeding up Britain. We're looking for a creative, agile and resourceful Lead Build Assurance Engineer to help us fulfil our ambition of delivering Fibre To The Home to 8 million premises. Reporting to the Build Manager, you'll be responsible for monitoring a Full Fibre Network deployment project within one of our Cities. You'll use your expertise to oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, ensuring that our supply partner is carrying out site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines.
What will you bring to the role?
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to the CityFibre specifications, NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements
- Act as a SME and an escalation point for NRSWA, CDM Regulation, PIA, civil engineering and technical fibre queries.
- Coach and support the build supplier, ensure that any 'blockers' to the plan are highlighted and escalated appropriately.
- Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits using iAuditor across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs
- Co-ordinate, capture the measure for the completed works jointly with the contractor and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Contractor to the Contract Management team.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Build Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements.
- Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
- Champion use of CRM systems including DepotNet and Salesforce.
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalfof CityFibre to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
- Ensure the principal contractor have suitable and sufficient, site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place.
- Ensure the principal contractor is pro-active in discharging (both accountable and responsible) their duties under the CDM regulations
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused.
- Deputising for the Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
- Ensure the project documentation for each work package and is closed down correctly and checklist is completed.
You'll have a track record of supervising Utilities and should be NRSWA qualified with Highways experience. You'll also need to be highly self-motivated with the passion and drive to succeed, as well as an excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate outcomes that mitigate project risks. You'll also need;
Our unique culture
- OSP Telecoms Network Build experience
- Experience of managing contracted engineering works
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Valid NRSWA StreetworksSupervisor Certification Units 1, 10-16
- A full driving licence
- IOSH managing safety or SMSTS
- Good working knowledge of DepotNet,Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint andProject
- Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
- To be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience of workflow management software to track on-site works
- Project management experience
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.
Videos To Watch