Data Architect Salary:
£70,000- £80,000 per annum - plus annual performance bonus & benefits. We are Together
Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
As part of our modernisation and transformation journey and our ambition to develop a data enabled business for the future, we are looking to recruit an experienced Data Architect
who will be responsible defining the data architecture required to ensure that the organisation maximises value from data and supporting the changes needed to realise this vision. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Data Architecture is fully documented and is effective in addressing the business need for access to trustworthy data.
- Create and maintain Data Models in order to capture reporting and analytical requirements and build a shared understanding of the Information Landscape.
- Create and maintain data processing inventories and data flow diagrams to support the risk management of personal data processed by the organisation.
- Work with the BI Delivery Lead to capture strategic requirements for the provision of Business Intelligence; work with the Head of Architecture / Head of Data & BI to develop this strategy.
- Work with Data Governance and Quality Lead to ensure that there is a mechanism in place for capture of Metadata to support shared understanding of data. Build capability to ensure that Data Quality can be monitored and that data can be cleansed.
- Develop relationships with all functions to ensure their needs are supported by the underlying data architecture and data management applications.
- Ensure that the appropriate operational governance is in place with regards to data supply/usage/access control etc.
- Ensure that all change projects have identified any Data & BI requirements as part of their scope and have a suitable and timely delivery plan.
- Significant knowledge & experience of data modelling tools and techniques including 3NF, Kimball, Data Vault etc.
- Knowledge of Data Management & Governance Tools/Technologies.
- Ability to analyse proven solutions in the marketplace and assess their suitability for adoption.
- Excellent Data Literacy, able to work with less data literate colleagues to achieve required outcomes.
- Ability to analyse requirements and devise innovative solutions to meet them in both the short and long term.
- Experience working within a BI Shared Service with knowledge of the required governance and control processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within matrix management environments.
- Significant experience operating as a Data Architect.
- Prior experience within a financial services environment, particularly the UK mortgage market
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Cloud Data Warehouse experience.
- Data Virtualisation experience.
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday, entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications. *please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.