At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a to be based at our office in Warwick
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery. The Role:
The Chief Engineer for Electrical Systems is responsible for leading all technical, project and system engineering activities for multiple programmes. From concept to series-development the successful candidate will ensure all systems and components fulfil all the programme requirements (performance, attributes, cost & timing). This role is highly demanding and requires multitasking, thinking in advance, making quick and fact based decision to keep the project moving forward.
• Accountability for Technical Excellence and delivery for Electrical & Electronic Domains on two full BEV vehicle programs
• Accountability for Gateway delivery to programme and services needs.
• Custodian of component/system best practice and performance delivery
• Managing Core competences; skills, training and development
• Recruitment and manning vs. programme and services needs
• IT skilling, IT strategy for CoE specific tools
• Business Development including client governance and management
• Input to business development
• Investment planning for project specific equipment and facilitiesArea of Responsibility
Knowledge / Experience
- Accountable for project life cycle plan and review with customer and internal stakeholders. Follow the plan at various Gateway deliveries.
- Responsible to lead all technical aspects on the project and ensure the team delivers robust fault free designs through the application of the Concurrent Engineering Disciplines Technical Specification, DFMEA, DVP, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
- You will provide leadership and coordination within the Electrical Systems engineering field. Managing direct reports, planning projects and reporting on progress. Ensuring on time delivery and working to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialisms, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact for your specialist area
- Technical ownership of Electrical Systems specific systems (Vehicle Electronics, Body Electronics, chassis electronics, EDS CAD design, system integration and test and validation .
- Responsibility for the delivery of owned systems to specific vehicle programmes.
- Accountable for Technical Specification, FMEA, DVP, Vehicle / System level test specs
- Accountable for delivery of products to meet Budgets & Expenditure, Timing & Gateway Delivery.
- Manage Vehicle build & development support.
- Responsible to provide project steering and maintain all client governance .
- Govern Supplier liaison & management
- Approve BOM definition, tracking and management to include leading cost & weight reduction initiatives to deliver targets.
- Accountable for planning, monitoring and execution of project activities to ensure project delivery in gateway deliverables.
- Liaise daily with the Electrical Systems Managers and project chief engineers, support the design and development of the Systems to ensure optimised vehicle performance contributing to the delivery of key vehicle attributes.
- Accountable to establish and control system design, releases (ETRS), development and validation plans in association with functional experts and in line with technical risk management processes.
- Manage supply chain activities in association with function group buyers, SQA and logistics to ensure supplier nomination and delivery of components and systems on schedule for all phases of prototype, pilot, pre-production and production build.
- Ensure manufacturability and compliance with quality standards of all components and systems within the defined BOM.
- Review and manage the opening and closure of engineering quality concerns.
- Respond to requests for information or specification change with assessment of risk and cost.
- Strategic Leadership in developing client future business.
- Set targets and deliver objectives to grow & achieve recognised technical excellence in your domain.
- Setting KPIs for each area of your responsibility and reviewing performance with contacts
- Performance Management, resource planning and succession planning working closely with HR/Talent Acquisition teams.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Expert Engineering knowledge of different vehicle subsystems such as Chassis, Body, Security, Infotainment, Diagnostics, Electrical systems ECUs(s), On Vehicle EE systems (Infotainment, Driver Assist, etc.) design, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
- Knowledge of complex Bills of Materials (BoM).
- Proven technical project management & leadership capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget.
- Experienced in Automotive development processes and demonstrable experience of system release responsibility from concept to manufacture with successful history of delivery within the automotive sector in passenger car or defence applications, although other sectors are of interest for design, development & delivery experience
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels cross culturally.
- Excellent organisation skills, prioritising multiple project activities and guiding the team in right direction.
- Proven track record of component & system engineering (experience with the detailed systems above preferred).
- Excellent technical knowledge & experience of Electrical component & system specification, design, test & production.
- Experienced in OEM or tier one component delivery.
- Demonstrate experience of component & system design within an APQP or similar framework including robust engineering, FMEA, component planning and PPAP.
- Experience of prototype vehicle build up and managing issue resolution.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes will also prove invaluable.
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification would be beneficial
- Excellent Leadership, Initiative and the drive to success
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, DFM, DFA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing successfully multicultural team spread across different regions of the world
· Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
· 25 Days' Holiday
· Private Health Care
· Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
· Group Income Protection
· Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
· Group Life Assurance
· Childcare Vouchers
· Health Shield - Private Health Cash PlanIf you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.Tata Technologies: Engineering a better world.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.