We are currently recruiting for a leading insurance group who are looking for a Middleware architect who can help drive the API enablement of their applications as part of a new API Centre for Enablement. You will have strong integration experience with demonstrable hands on experience in recent integration roles including Mulesoft development and API experience.
- Lead development of API enablement projects which will cover API delivery and API Platform management activities.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Analyse, design, build and document APIs with a focus on reuse and an ease of adoption.
- Manages production support issues within a DevOps team.
- Help evolve the API Management Platform to better support the delivery of APIs efficiently.
- Work with customers as required.
- Provide design review services to support less experienced developers (in and outside of the C4E) in building their integrations.
- Completes agreed work within established estimates and communicate
Qualifications and Experience required
- 2+ years executing RESTful API design
- Practical requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modelling and microservices architecture experience
- 4+ years as both a hands-on architect/technical lead across a variety of data domains
- Practical data modelling experience for system/integration interfaces, or experience enabling similar API/SOA governance function
- API specification using RAML 1.x and/or OAS 3.x
- Implemented API security standards (OAuth, OpenID)
- Additional SOA webservice, API and microservices delivery experience in Java, .NET, Node.js or MuleSoft beneficial
- Familiar with Domain Driven Design (DDD) and application to API modelling; able to identify and model data entities, attributes and behaviours
· Produces API specifications (using RAML 1.x or OAS 3.x)
- Deep knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Deep knowledge of API security standards (OAuth, OpenID, SAML/JWT)
- Experience of working in the insurance industry would be an advantage.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in Mule (incl. v4) including both on-premise and CloudHub runtimes.
- Expertise in CI/CD practices using Azure DevOps
- Proficiency in unit testing, all services using MUnit framework