Python Software EngineerHome Based/Shoreditch, LondonUp to £70,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Python Engineer who is passionate about architecting and building high performance SaaS platforms at scale.
RBW has partnered with an exciting start up client in the Insurance arena who uses machine learning to help businesses, in real time, understand the competitiveness of their deals so that they can make offers with the best chance of conversion, right when it matters.
As a small close-knit InsurTech start-up, you will be working closely with a variety of senior stakeholders, product and the data science teams to architect and deliver a range of high-performance API based services and the underlying data pipelines, in an incredibly exciting industry.
Working within a small team means that your voice will be heard and your skills and experience will be critical in further growing this business.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Working together to build a platform to deliver complex analytics in real-time, at scale
- Develop and improve the real-time analytics platform, through site reliability engineering best practices
- Design and implement scalable infrastructure for data ingestion, aggregation and analytics
Your skills learnt in your career so far will include;
- At least 3+ years commercial software engineering experience with Python or polyglot.
- Cloud architecture experience and configuration management with AWS and Terraform.
- Experience and passion building high-quality, well tested software in an Agile environment
- Architecture of scalable APIs
- Experience of using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of containers
- Ideally you will also have experience of Big Data pipelines and designing and implementing scalable infrastructure for data ingestion, aggregation and analytics using PySpark and various AWS packages such as Glue, Athena and Kinesis.
- Experience with CI/CD, Git, JIRA or similar, relevant development tools and methodologies:
- A deep understanding of unit / integration testing in Python as well as maintaining a high standard of coding conventions and standards.
- Impressive communication and collaboration skills within a close knit team environment.
There is plenty more information available so if this has wet your appetite, get in touch without delay for an in depth discussion.