We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our SuperAwesome finance team.
This is not your typical finance job; you'll be working in the fast-paced environment of a global high growth 'kidtech' business with the mission of making the internet safer for kids. With the help of various technology platforms, you'll be responsible for providing business stakeholders with the Business Intelligence they need to make better and more timely strategic decisions. The challenge will involve processing company data and presenting it visually through beautiful BI dashboards that are easily understood.
As the business and number of transactions grow, a key challenge will involve working with the team to improve systems and processes, so that the BI function can scale effectively and efficiently.
Excellent communication, organisational, and IT skills are a must, in addition to having very strong attention to detail. A strong candidate will also be proactive and technology curious.Responsibilities
- Maintaining and updating the existing suite of Power BI dashboards and reports and supporting end users with their usage.
- Developing and publishing new reports and dashboards from the enterprise data warehouse and semantic model.
- Reviewing and understanding the full data landscape and the applications responsible for data collection.
- Reviewing and validating data, identifying data discrepancies, and highlighting areas for improvement in data collection, storage and modelling of business logic.
- Gathering end user reporting and dashboard requirements, supporting and training end users, and evangelising the use of data and business intelligence throughout the organisation.
- Designing dashboards in a way that effectively presents/ visualises data for all audiences, including Senior Management, to maximise UX and understanding.
- Managing data security, data access requests, and license administration
- Identifying development needs to continually improve the BI platforms and supporting the team in implementing new technologies to help the business scale. Eventually this will involve you owning & delivering projects yourself.
- Strong data visualisation skills using Microsoft Power BI
- Familiarity with DAX and PowerQuery
- Strong Transact-SQL Query skills.
- Experience integrating data from different applications and services.
- An analytical and curious mindset, in addition to an eye for detail.
- Understanding of data warehouses, database design, and tabular modelling.
- Strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience of working in advertising/media
- Experience of working in a start-up or scale-up
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure
- Experience of working with data from Web Services and SaaS applications
We have a range of awesome perks and benefits
We offer an incredible range of perks and benefits. During the pandemic, we are working hard to provide an amazing array of virtual benefits to our team stationed at home, from team lunches delivered to your door, to virtual socials. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will return to offering the full range that we normally offer.
- Fully paid healthcare - provided through Vitality
- Wednesday catered breakfast
- Quarterly team lunches
- Friday drinks
- Pension scheme
- Holidays - 25+ bank holidays
- Expanded Maternity and Paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly socials / yearly company event
- Product team hack days and charity events
- Health and wellbeing calendar