Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (ICU)Salary: £44,000 to £51,000Location: Victoria, London
We have a unique opportunity for Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapists with ICU experience at a brand new, state-of-the-art private hospital in the heart of London.
The hospital is one of the most prestigious healthcare names in the United States and the Middle East. It has been named one of the best hospitals in the world by Newsweek and is now opening its first European site in Victoria, London.
The Neuro-rehabilitation unit is run by dedicated specialists who provide research based neurological therapy assessments using state-of-the-art robotic equipment.
As a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, your role will provide assessment and therapy provision to the Intensive Care Unit, with support to the neurosciences wards, including Neuro-Rehabilitation and Neurosurgery as required, as well as working within the wider therapy team providing speech and language therapy expertise.Essential requirements:
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree qualification
- Post -graduate experience in speech and language therapy within a hospital context at senior level
- Experience in speech and language therapy in the following areas Critical Care, Neurosurgery and Neuro-rehabilitation
- Experience of specialist assessment and intervention for complex dysphagia, communication impairments including cognitive communication and voice disorders using current literature and best practice
- Experience of delivering interventions to facilitate rehabilitation of communication, swallowing and cognitive impairments. This may include Above Cuff Vocalisations (ACV) and low/high-tech alternative or augmentative methods of communication
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension, and they will contribute 10% on top of that
- Gym facilities located within our Admin Office Building at a discounted rate
- Season ticket loans up to the value of £10k per year
- Private Medical Insurance
An attractive and comprehensive relocation package* is available to internationally trained/registered nurses who are successful in their application.
Don't miss out on the chance to move your career in care to a new level. Apply today.