Pay: £25,700 - £34,200
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Parkview Academy, Margate
Salary: £25,700 - £34,200
Hours: 40 per week, term-time only
Start Date: ASAP
- Are you a KS3/4 Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
- We are looking for an experienced Teacher to join our fantastic team at Parkview Academy. You will take a creative approach to teaching students according to their educational needs, ensuring delivery of the school curriculum in a way that maximises children's achievement and ability to develop.
- This is a great opportunity for a dedicated Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for children with varied and complex needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be working in a school where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, where students are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we never settle for second best. We are looking for a passionate Teacher, experienced in teaching SEN children, who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
Educated to Qualified Teacher Status or Degree Level, you will be calm, engaging, resilient, and have an innovative style of teaching, motivated by helping every child to reach their potential.
Parkview Academy is an Ofsted 'Good' rated Independent Special School. It offers a broad, balanced, and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 11 - 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes shopping discounts and cashback via Perkbox', and access to Health Assured content.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons.
- To maintain individual records to monitor and track progress and inform planning and assessment.
- To direct the learning support assistants assigned to the class and work supportively and collaboratively as part of the team.
- To behave in a warm, friendly yet professional manner towards colleagues, children, and parents/carers.
- To share responsibility with colleagues for the general upkeep of the classroom, including care of resources and equipment.
- To attend and participate in meetings as required.
- To attend any INSET sessions and/or training for professional development.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,700.00-£34,200.00 per year
Closing Date: 31/07/2021 at 14:00
Information about the school
Parkview Academy is an independent special school which caters for pupils with SEMH now known as their primary need, formerly BESD and learning difficulties who need a smaller, more structured educational placement in order to develop and achieve their full potential.
Job Context: Parkview Education strives to provide services which are user-friendly and sensitive to the individual needs of our residents, Local authorities and all sections of the community. It is the responsibility of all staff to work to achieve this within our ethos of service, quality, equality and partnership. (Partnership means demonstrating a commitment to close cooperation with colleagues and joint work in partnership with our service users).
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.