Senior QA Engineer - Automation Engineer
I'm working with a global Asset Management firm, who pride themselves at sitting at the intersection of finance and technology, which means roles here sit at the forefront of modern tech stacks, and can pay very competitively.
In this role you will be an integral part of the QA and Development teams, working very closely with project managers, end to end users and senior developers.
In the role of QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop Test Plans, Test cases, Test Procedures for various types of testing such as Ad Hoc, Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration
- Test applications to discover bugs, as well as provide feedback on usability
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and daily scrums
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Help to improve our developer testing processes
- Writing test automation code and participating in code reviews
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years in software QA role
- Financial industry experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience using GUI testing tools is a plus
- 2+ years of programming experience preferably with Python/C#
- Experience using version controls (Git, TFS, Mercurial, SVN ...)
- Test automation experience and interested in integrating tests with CI process
- Test automation experience with tools like selenium, Test Complete and others
- Exposure to software development methodologies and familiar with programming concepts --- unafraid to write code to break code
My client are going through a huge stage of growth, and currently have 70 lives roles open as a testament to this. They're able to pay the leading market rate, and always happy to beat peoples current compensation packages.
Please get in touch with Nick Heath.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93541933