Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Mirus, one of the group's companies'.
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft's three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we've been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
To provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution onsite to client. Perform problem diagnosis and guide users through step-by-step solutions in a desktop support-based environment. Provide technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner, facilitating one-to-one end user training as required and ensure site technical documentation is maintained.
Ensuring the smooth running of our client's systems and network infrastructure ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
- Log, and Investigate customer tickets, where possible applying a permanent fix or an agreed workaround to restore service.
- End to end ownership of a customer ticket, identifying the underlying cause and managing the implementing of a permanent solution.
- Escalate to the Mirus Remote Servicedesk Team as necessary for assisted support.
- Manage customer ticket queues in line with customer SLAs, and to agreed Mirus Processes, escalating any concerns with your line manager;
- Managing client expectations through clear and timely communications, tailoring this to any audience, from user to Senior Management level.
- Work closely with the customer to maintain and support the infrastructure.
- Action Hardware and software installations.
- Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation, ensuring this is stored within the agreed knowledge base, ensuring regular checks and updates are actioned.
- Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge in line with business need.
- Must be able to work independently and use initiative to complete tickets within the agreed SLA.
- Must be able to enter 'Time Entries' within the ticketing system in real time.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests.
Location and Environment
This role will be based out of our clients offices in Tring, however you will work amongst a team split across our London, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Cape Town offices.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver - in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Previous experience as a field based engineer supporting SME's.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Familiar with working to SLA's to meet both customer and contract requirements
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function.
- Experience Supporting multi-site clients.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- Experience with the following technologies:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server 2012/2019
o Windows 10
o Active Directory and AAD Connect
o Office 365
o VMware Esxi
o Veeam Back up and replication
o Basic SQL management (backing up & restoring a database)
o Install, configure, troubleshoot issues, involving Windows 10
o PC/Server Hardware - upgrade, both hardware and firmware.
o AD - configure sites and services, resolve issues.
o DNS - running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC's, moving external DNS services around to different IP's when internet changes.
o Group Policies - create, breakdown, troubleshoot issues.
o Firewalls - install, configure, troubleshoot.
o VMWare / SAN - determine system state.
- Initial 2/3 month Fixed-term contract
- Salary dependent on experience
- Working 37.5-40 hours per week (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 6pm)
- Role based onsite with our client in Tring
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please contact us using the details provided below.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93543604