We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. Delivering excellence as am IT Business Analyst within Capita Employee Solutions:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join our fast paced and busy Sheffield based team.
Within this role you would translate business needs into technical specifications that enable us to fulfil the client requirements in an efficient and effective manner. I
dentifying and working with appropriate stakeholders to agree the business and technical capabilities you will own this process and work closely with them to ensure that their needs are met.
This position will play a key role in the success of the team allowing us to meet and where possible exceed the clients expectationsWhat you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Work with Scrum teams Product Owner to identify upcoming business requirements
- Agree detailed requirements with appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders
- In partnership with development team, write user stories with testable acceptance criteria that describe the solution to be delivered
- Agree estimates for user stories with development team.
- Prioritise the product backlog with help from Product Owner
- Work with development team to agree sprint plans in accordance with Product Owner wishes
- Work with Scrum Master to monitor delivery and keep Product Owner informed of variance from plans.
- Experience in Scrum/Kanban or similar Agile development methods as a Business Analyst
- An Analytical and technical focus on Business requirements
About Capita Employee Solutions
- Uses all appropriate means to gain a thorough understanding of business requirements and priorities
- Leads the development of User Stories that describe what the business is asking for in terms that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Testable)
- Supporting the scrum master in reporting progress and providing estimates
- Agrees personal objectives and goals with the Business Analysis Practice Lead and the Online Development manager
- Makes every effort to satisfy these objectives within the specified time frames
- Identifying and escalating key issues (both technical or business) to the Online Development Manager
- Ideally has experience in web development
At Capita Employee Solutions (CES), we're creating meaningful connections between organisations and their employees. We're one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK, supporting over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. Our work involves redesigning, modernising and revolutionising the way companies offer pensions and benefits. Join us and discover better ways to engage with and value today's employees. What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you need any further information please contact Jo Robinson by email at
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93538919