Here at Collinson, we make dreams happen, our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions! Our dream-makers have helped design and automate software solutions that enhance the travel experience for over 20 million managed customers each year, with 17 offices globally, we enrich and provide confidence in the traveller journey with our world-renowned Priority Pass airport lounge and loyalty experiences program, while also creating and managing our own airport spaces where we offer the only UK in terminal Covid-19 testing.
What does a Data QA Engineer at Collinson do?
How will you make a difference as a Data QA Engineer?
- Working within technical squads to understand Products and Features and the data outcomes expected for Data & Insights (D&I) and the business.
- Applying the latest testing thoughts, techniques, and tools to ensure our testing activities across data ingestion, data integration, data conversion, and data consumption layers are thorough and efficient in their application.
- Lead and support the Data QA processes within an Agile Development team.
- Identify Data QA tools and technologies that will enhance the D&I function.
- Define, design, and implement data test automation tools and frameworks for data ingested via internal and external sources, including APIs, and across data consumption layers.
- Create test delivery pipelines, liaising with DevOps in areas such as CI/CD, developing a Data Ops culture for development and testing processes.
- Provide Data Ops technical expertise, documentation, and training to the D&I team.
- Build and execute the testing strategy for the Data Lake and all related components.
- Provide QA lead support and directional input to the Data Lake project by applying repeatable test techniques, reliably automating the detection of issues, mitigating the data quality in the data pipeline.
- Implement the use of automation across the Data Lake project and provide metrics on the effectiveness of testing, test outcomes, and product quality across the project.
- Define and execute data testing, performance test scripts, and test cases aligned to the identified test scenarios and test objectives across both functional and non-functional requirements.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme, and further benefits:
- Applicants must have a good level of commercial testing experience as a Data QA Engineer ideally gained with a multi-level data warehousing environment.
- An engineer with a passion for automation testing data ingestion pipelines via internal and external sources including APIs.
- You will hold a professional advanced level ISTQB or ISQI qualification ideally.
- Deep knowledge of scripting in Python to support test automation is essential.
- AWS Cloud Certified practitioner is desirable.
- Experience of working in an Agile team (SCRUM, Kanban) with CI/CD, Data Ops, DevOps, and open-source test automation environments.
- Deep knowledge of automation framework principles (TDD/BDD), design, and implementation patterns.
- Experience in developing and running continuous tests across different layers of data.
- Demonstrable experience of using performance data engineering technologies (e.g., Hadoop, MS-SQL, Oracle, Teradata, Spark)
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team by working collaboratively.
- This role will offer a blend of remote working with occasional travel into the London office.
·Life Assurance Scheme
·Personal Income Protection
·Discounted gym membership
·Wellness advice and support
·Cycle to Work Scheme
·Priority Pass Membership (Collinson Exclusive)
·Travel Insurance (Collinson Exclusive)
Our values form the foundation of our business, and the Collinson company culture is built around these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise for both our customers and employees. They are summarized across four pillars: Act smarter
, Do the right thing
, One team
, and Be insight-led
Collinson's journey started over 30 years ago, when our chairman, Colin Evans, was Managing Director of IAPA, a global travel benefits business with a history stretching back to 1963.
Once formed, Collinson was further strengthened by the acquisition of established companies that allowed us to expand on our offerings.
We have a team of more than 12,000 employees serving over 5 million own customers each year. In 2020 Collinson was included in both the Top Track 100 and the Profit Track 100 lists from the Sunday Times.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93541546