Junior Software DeveloperLocation:
York / Home basedSalary:
£18,000 - £25,000 Dependant on experienceJob Type:
Full Time, Permanent
Optisoft is one of the market leaders in providing specialised IT solutions for independent opticians and the optical profession throughout the UK and Ireland.
With more than 30 years dedicated to the market, providing quality HP hardware, intuitive software and comprehensive support the Optisoft community represents over 800 practices and 20% of the market.The Role
We are looking for a junior software developer with a desire to work as part of an experienced and innovative team creating a world class application for the optical profession.
The successful candidate will work with the development team to maintain and improve the existing Optisoft application initially. Once they become familiar with it and our industry, they will be given enhancements to design and implement themselves.
Being a relatively small and dynamic company, the successful candidate will need to pick up things and learn new skills quickly, providing quality fixes and enhancements in a timely way.
The successful candidate will be passionate about coding and have an excellent eye for detail.Key Duties:
- Working closely with fellow developers to agree timescales and meet deadlines
- Designing, developing and testing according to company standards / design guidelines
- Updating the project management system to give transparency on progress
- Providing assistance to support staff and other departments as and when necessary
- Performing other related duties as and when necessary
Personal Skills / Qualities
- Hard working with a desire to learn and develop your skills
- Demonstrable experience of object-orientated coding (Degree / Workplace)
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and execute work both independently and as part of the team
Essential / Desirable Skills
Salary / Benefits
- Graduate or an experienced Junior Software Developer
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- WPF / Win Forms
- SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Dependent on skills and experience (£18 - £25K)
- Flexible working at office in York and from home
- Holidays starting at 24 days increasing to 28 for long term service
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93541575