Milexa Group Position:
Technical SEO Specialist (3+ years experience) Salary:
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum (DOE) Location:
Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle) Reports to
: Acquisition Manager Direct Reports:
The mission of the Technical SEO Specialist role is to generate increased organic traffic to our websites, generating additional orders and sales. Working closely with wider teams across all of our websites, you will create and deliver a global technical optimisation strategy to optimise performance and drive organic growth. Role Overview
We are looking for an experienced technical SEO professional with 3+ years experience in the field.
We are looking for an individual to join our fast-paced, results-driven Digital Team. Working closely with our Acquisition Manager, you will ensure all websites adhere to best practices and are driving the strongest possible results. You will have experience in driving optimisation projects forward, creating and managing processes, and communicating with wider teams/individuals.
With an analytical approach and a passion for data/insight, you will identify key opportunities to drive continued organic traffic increases. Role Objectives & Outcomes/Goals
- Work closely with the Acquisition Manager and wider Acquisition Team to ensure that we hit our overarching year-on-year organic growth target.
- Work with our Acquisition Manager to refine our existing SEO engine, related processes & documentation within the first 3 months of being in the role.
- Drive the implementation of the above and provide relevant process training to wider team members wherever required within the first 3 months of being in the role.
- Carry out comprehensive technical audits of our existing sites and provide an initial list of improvements, ordered by ease/impact. Work these into our existing plans within the first 3 months of being in the role.
Skills, Competencies, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Work closely with wider teams to ensure the plan is adhered to (where possible), and provide input from an technical SEO perspective wherever required in order to drive the best possible result.
- Propose new projects on an ongoing basis, utilising insight gained through ongoing analysis/audits and a solid grip on the current situation. Determine the priority of these projects based on their 'ease' and expected impact. Also monitor and report on the effectiveness of these projects vs initial expectations.
- Ensure that ongoing SEO activity is carried out as required in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with wider team members to ensure our campaign activity drives the best return possible. Primarily, this involves researching opportunities, providing insight, and feeding back on results.
- Work closely with the Development Team to ensure that our site(s) are always in the best position possible from a technical perspective.
- Work closely with wider teams to understand their plans (where relevant) and feedback on the potential impact on organic performance. Also assist with the measurement of this.
- Provide relevant support on wider company initiatives, protecting organic performance where required.
- Utilise Google Analytics, SEMRush, Search Console and any other relevant tools to clearly monitor, analyse and feedback on the effectiveness/impact of projects and ongoing work.
- 3+ years experience in SEO, with at least 2 years in a purely technical SEO role
- Experience in driving technical optimisation changes forward & proven campaign/project management
- Experience in working with other teams
- Experience in creating a technical optimisation strategy
- Experience in optimising eCommerce sites
- Experience in working with large scale international sites
- Ability to create and implement new processes
- Extensive experience in utilising various SEO tools to gain insight and drive strategic decisions (Search Console, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, AHREFS, etc.)
- Extensive experience in utilising Google Analytics and other tracking tools to measure, analyse, and report on performance
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Ability to turn insight into meaningful tasks/objectives and communicate these effectively to the wider business.
- An inherent ability to think differently and spot new ideas/opportunities
- Experience in training and developing more junior members of the team and allowing them to step up and be a part of projects
- A genuine passion for digital marketing
- Experience in working with high traffic websites (500,000+ sessions/month)
- Experience with large scale SEO processes (multiple people involved, working full-time on a single site (or group of sites))
- Experience in planning and executing content strategies
- Experience in working with Copywriters and PR Teams