We are on a mission to help everyone save and invest for their future. Millions of us go through life knowing that we should be doing more to save and invest for the future. We leave it at the bottom of our to-do-list because we don't know where to start.
We are not taught how to save & invest at school, the investment industry is built to serve a wealthy minority and banks are only interested in selling products not helping us achieve outcomes.
We are determined to change this by:
- making it easier for people to get started
- offering products to suit every need
- encouraging people to make the right decisions throughout their lives.
- bringing everything together in a service which is simple and enjoyable to use
We are already helping over 600,000 people save and invest for their future. This is just the beginning. Join us and help us change saving investing for the better!Job Brief
We are currently growing at a rapid pace with more and more people using Moneybox. To support this growth we are looking for a budding Android Developer.
This role will be responsible for working within a dedicated team to develop the Moneybox Android app. You will work alongside other developers to maintain a high quality app and develop new features that enhance the overall experience.What you'll do
The position will be responsible for supporting the Lead Android Developer to work on Android application.
You will help to create a reliable application that makes investing simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application:
Who you are
- Develop the application, write the code that runs the application.
- Interact with the product manager and designers to refine ideas into fully specified user stories, that define how the user will interact with the application.
- Help to suggest new features for the application that will make the app experience better for users, and that will make the application more reliable.
- Break down stories into manageable chunks that allow features to be developed in an iterative manner that allow us to release regularly so we can gain feedback from our users.
- Estimate features so that we can get a reliable release date estimate for the rest of the company and users.
- Support the design of the architecture of the android application.
- Release the app when all the features for the release have been developed.
- Monitor the app post-release to ensure that it is working as expected.
Experience and skills
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-pace startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experience new ways of thinking.
- Computer science or related degree.
- Commercial experience in Android development
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with common design patterns such as MVP or MVVM
- Experience using common libraries such as RxJava2, Dagger2, Retrofit etc
- Experience creating rich mobile interfaces.
- Exposure across most aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing.