Associated British Foods is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.8bn, 138,000 employees and operations in 50 countries across Europe, Southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia.
The IT Shared Service Centre was first established in 2008 and is designed to deliver centralised IT infrastructure and services to ABF companies. We currently operate in 23 countries over 185 locations, with over 160 employees.
The Technical Solutions Analyst role is responsible for the creation of technical infrastructure project proposals that will provide the platform for the company's Business Units operations and applications. The role is seen as a Subject Matter Expert for specific technologies across the environment so a deep and thorough understanding of the technologies and how they interact is a necessity.
The role will report to the ABF SSC Technical Solutions Team Manager and work closely with the SSC Infrastructure Teams, Project Management Office, Desktop Services, Enterprise Architect and Business Unit Representatives.Technical Solutions AnalystLocation:
Peterborough, UK (currently homeworking in-line with Covid-19 guidance) Reports to:
Head of ArchitectureDirectly Supervises:
In this role you will provide new technical designs and provide recommendations and costs for new system requirements submitted by the business to agreed performance indicators KPIs.
You should apply to this role if you:
- To provide technical analysis of designs submitted by Business Units resulting in recommendations and costs for new system requirements to agreed KPIs.
- To provide technical support to the SSC Project Services and SSC Infrastructure Teams (Networks, Servers, Desktop architect)
- To maintain the appropriate areas of the ABF IT SSC Reference Architecture in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect.
Why work for us?
- Can produce articulate and accurate proposals and recommendations.
- Experienced in developing infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge and experience in LAN\WAN internetworking including wireless and VPN ideally Avaya, Cisco and Juniper products and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in telephony ideally Avaya, Cisco and Juniper products and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of server operating systems including server roles.
- Knowledge and experience of additional server platforms and applications (Active Directory, Exchange, VMware etc)
- Knowledge and experience of Storage Area Networks (SAN) ideally (HDS VSP, Brocade, Fibre Channel switches) and various Host Bus adaptors (HBAs)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to convey ideas in user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build excellent relationships with business units and maintain a high level of trust and confidence.
- Previous experience of working with vendors, internal customers and external customers.
- Happy to conduct research into technical products and services as required and to stay current with developments.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Analytical approach to problem solving and keen attention to detail.
- Able to cope well when under pressure to meet deadlines and multitask and prioritise accordingly
- Ideally educated to degree level in a computer science field
Above we've laid out what we like you to do for us, but what are we going to do for you?
Associated British Foods is a global giant when it comes to the world of food processing and retail. Our ingredients division is the world's second-largest producer of both sugar and baker's yeast and our grocery brands occupy leading positions across the globe meaning that, in the UK, nine out of ten households use our brands.
We want you to be a part of our future and to support you, so below are a handful of some of our benefits that are offered to our employees.
- A commitment to your learning and development through online platforms that will help you build and achieve your goals in order to succeed.
- 24/7 free and confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you as and when necessary, particularly whilst we're all trying to navigate this new way of living we've found ourselves in.
- The option to join our private healthcare cover scheme.
- Work life balance is important to us so you will be given the option to buy additional annual leave on top of the 25 days leave you will benefit from.
- Discounts on ABF products such as Twinings, Silverspoon, Pataks and Ryvita.
- A generous and competitive pension scheme.