As an experienced Android developer we want you to come and join our close-knit agile delivery teams working on exciting new features using the latest Android technologies (Kotlin, Android Architecture Components, RxJava, Coroutines). You will love working in a high performance, entrepreneurial environment that values the craft of building cutting edge and beautiful mobile products.
Within a couple of days of joining, you will deploy your code to production affecting millions of users globally and write new features to attract new users and engage our user base. You will develop high-quality code that will power our products tackling underserved markets and offering better deals to customers.
We are always looking for ways to do things better and encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table. Teach us some cool stuff and we'll teach you some, but most of all, you'll have fun doing it.
For more information on our tech stack check out our Tech Radar 2020, how we work is summarised in our Engineering Principles and we have many other Tech Blogs on Medium.WHY CLEARSCORE?
ClearScore is currently the biggest marketplace for credit products in the UK and in South Africa with over 13 million users. We are the first company to facilitate access to credit products using Open Banking data, making credit accessible to users with no credit files or low credit scores. In the UK alone, we have established relationships with over 50 of the main lenders and have been a trusted tool for customers to manage their credit and make better financial decisions.
We were the first business to offer free credit reports. We did so because we are user-centric at our core and believe in leveraging on technology to enable positive financial choices. We are design-led and data driven and we embed these behaviours in everything we do.
Our company culture is a fundamental part of all we have achieved. We believe in hiring smart, driven, passionate and diverse people who are keen on having a real impact in our organisation. We trust you to manage your own time so we offer flexible work and no fixed desk hours. We don't micromanage and believe in measuring outcomes rather than effort. We have an inclusive culture where all, regardless of seniority, are encouraged to contribute with their ideas, look after their wellbeing and actively seek opportunities for career growth.
If you feel like this could be the place for you, apply and our Talent team will be happy to share more.Requirements
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin and Android SDK
- Strong understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming
- Solid knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- In-depth experience of working with RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience with UI/Unit Testing (e.g. Espresso)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment and collaborative tools (e.g. Jira)
- Understanding of build processes and CI tooling (e.g. Bitrise, Fastlane)
- 25 paid holidays and a "duvet day" on your birthday
- Private health and dental cover
- GP office visits
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched pension
- Brown bags with guest speakers
- Access to Perkbox
- Dog-friendly office
- Daily breakfast and free snacks
- Free sports and social clubs
- Generous training allowance
- Fast progression
- Leadership-led training
- Regular wellbeing events
- In-house psychotherapist
- Financial coach to help you plan and achieve your goals
- Physical and mental health support through BUPA
- No clock-watching culture
- Generous maternity and paternity plans
- Culture and inclusion representatives
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice.