Associated British Foods is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.8bn, 138,000 employees and operations in 52 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia.
The IT Shared Service Centre was established in 2008 and is designed to deliver centralised IT infrastructure and services to ABF companies. We currently operate in 23 countries over 185 locations, with over 150 employees.
Reporting to the SSC Principle Architect the SSC Technical Architect's primary focus is the technical designs of the shared service centre common infrastructure platforms. The technology employed in the designs must deliver the agreed service and performance for ABF businesses; security, scalability and availability are integral to all platform designs.
This includes developing and maintaining an infrastructure roadmap for all infrastructure components, embracing technology development where appropriate to ensure a robust, scalable and innovative technical architecture.
As part of the architecture team this role will provide subject matter expertise in identity with a focus on Active Directory in private and public clouds with associated tool sets and security best practices.
The Architect will technically lead assigned capital programme projects and provide technical assurance for business unit SSC solutions delivered through project services. Technical Architect (Connectivity) Location:
Peterborough, UK (currently homeworking in-line with Covid-19 guidance) Reports to:
Head of ArchitectureDirectly Supervises:
In this role you will be primarily responsible for producing platform design solutions for existing and/or new infrastructure platforms. Providing technical expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Solutions Analysts, BAU teams (Networks, Platform, Security Operations) and Project Delivery teams.Further responsibilities include:
· Produce solution documentation including high-level and low-level designs
· Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for reference architecture.
· Ensure that proposed and existing architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
· Present technical solutions and providing supporting collateral
· Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of SSC technology, reference architecture, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, security and systems flexibility.
As subject matter expert for Connectivity within the team;
· Development and ongoing refinement of the network architecture roadmap for business site local connectivity (Wired and Wireless)
· Development and ongoing refinement of the network architecture roadmap for datacentre connectivity
· Developing the network architecture roadmap for cloud connectivity
· Design Authority for network topology building blocks and their continual evolution You should apply to this role if you:
· Have substantial experience in an architect role
· An expertise in creating and improving the overall design for the Connectivity product group including WAN, LAN, WiFi, Telephony systems and services
· Architecture experience of SD-WAN and SASE solutions
· Strong, demonstrable experience architecting solutions with Microsoft Azure
· Experienced in transformation from traditional WAN architecture to SD-WAN and/or SASE framework
· Experience with hybrid-WAN, public and private cloud network architecture and creating secure, scalable and resilient interconnectivity for a global Enterprise
· Architectural experience of edge security, firewalls (checkpoint, Palo Alto), network segregation, load balancers.
· Knowledgeable in developing infrastructure solutions with a focus on security requirements.
· Can produce and present articulate and accurate proposals and recommendations.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey information to a varied audience in user-friendly language
· Sound stakeholder management and confident building relationships with vendors, internal customers and external customers
· Can work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
· Have an analytical approach to problem solving, conducting research as required
· Can cope well when under pressure to meet deadlines and multitask and prioritise accordingly
· Have good attention to detail
· Have strong customer service orientation
· Ideally educated to degree level in a computer science field Why work for us?
Above we've laid out what we like you to do for us, but what are we going to do for you?
Associated British Foods is a global giant when it comes to the world of food processing and retail. Our ingredients division is the world's second-largest producer of both sugar and baker's yeast and our grocery brands occupy leading positions across the globe meaning that, in the UK, nine out of ten households use our brands.
We want you to be a part of our future and to support you, so below are a handful of some of our benefits that are offered to our employees.
- A commitment to your learning and development through online platforms that will help you build and achieve your goals in order to succeed.
- 24/7 free and confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you as and when necessary, particularly whilst we're all trying to navigate this new way of living we've found ourselves in.
- The option to join our private healthcare cover scheme.
- Work life balance is important to us so you will be given the option to buy additional annual leave on top of the 25 days leave you will benefit from.
- Discounts on ABF products such as Twinings, Silverspoon, Pataks and Ryvita.
- A generous and competitive pension scheme.