Refinery Operations Manager
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
· Do you have experience of managing large operational teams in a manufacturing environment?
· Do you have experience in managing complex budgets?
· Do you have experienced in managing aspects of Safety, Hygiene, Environment and Quality?
If you answered yes to those question please read on:-
Tate & Lyle Sugars are currently recruiting for a Refinery Operations Manager to join us at our 150 year old Thames Refinery in East London as part of our engineering and operations senior management team. The primary purpose of the Refinery Operations Manager is to manage all Process operations at the Thames Refinery via a team of Shift Managers, Shift Supervisors and Area Technical Managers with specific focus on safety, quality, efficiency and sustainable cost reduction.
You will be responsible for the following:-
· Responsible for the safety of the refinery shift teams and driving improvements in safety performance
· Manage the Refinery Shift Managers, Supervisors and crew teams to ensure safe, efficient and consistent operations.
· Drive a continuous improvement mind set and work with the Continuous Improvements Manager to generate improvement projects and to complete root cause analysis as appropriate.
· Develop process performance measures to control and optimise all aspects of process operations including production output, yield, energy, water and compressed air usage.
· Control and optimise Recovery, sewer and chemical sucrose losses, and minimise product recycle and reprocessing costs.
· With the Plant Manager, develop and manage operational budgets (labour, utilities, chemicals etc.), using cost control measures and reporting against the operating plan monthly.
· Agree release of plant with site engineering and assist with prioritization of maintenance
· Ensure technical focus is consistent with Safety, Hygiene, Environment and product quality goals as well as legislative and regulatory compliance.
· Deputise for the Refinery Manager when required.
Your Education / Work Background
· Graduate in Chemical Engineering, ideally Chartered, with experience in process modelling and optimisation via use of energy and mass balances.
· Demonstrated management skills with strong positive results in a blue chip manufacturing organization showing knowledge on operational process plant.
· Detailed understanding of refining processes ideally in Sugar, but experiences learnt in Chemical, Pulp & Paper, Brewing, Starch Oil & Gas, Dairy or other processing sectors.
· Skilled in developing and implementing capital investment opportunities to deliver essential performance improvements and continuous improvement projects.
· Plant Management experience, Operational leadership skills, Process plant knowledge
At ASR Group our vision is to be the most admired sweetener company and to us, that also means being admired as an employer too. Just as we aim to provide our customers with superior quality products, we also aim to provide our team members superior quality experiences. This is part of our Employer of Choice Commitment to you . We aim to inspire, engage, develop, empower and reward you throughout your career.