As a Desktop Engineer you will be supporting our user base to ensure that they have the services, desktop equipment and resource to perform their role.
The Desktop team provide a very high standard of hardware and software support work across the Company. Technologies are rapidly changing and our team must move with the changes, not only within our own team, but the wider business.
You will be working across multiple OS disciplines from Windows, Linux and macOS, utilising multiple tools and methods ensuring that services are maintained and end points are working for end users at all times.
You will be part of a tight knit team that continues to solve new and challenging problems. Working with technical experts throughout the Company, you will have the chance to learn and grow in our hard working, fast paced environment.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Diagnosing and resolving PC hardware, mobile devices, printer and OS issues, with minimum downtime.
- Building new PCs to Business standards as required.
- Maintaining the asset register.
- Maintaining adequate desktop equipment stock levels, replenishing as necessary.
- Ensuring PCs are patched with the latest security updates.
- Organising the movement of PC and telephony equipment between desks as required.
- Transferring knowledge to colleagues and ITSM personnel through the publishing of Knowledgebase articles and inclusion of full resolution information for all tickets.
- Adhering to all published processes, procedures and working practices as outlined in standard operating procedures.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring assigned projects and tasks.
- Maintaining documentation to a high standard.
- Experience in an IT Support role.
- Confidence diagnosing Windows, Linux and macOS issues.
- Experience of setting up and configuring desktops and laptops.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including MS Project.
- Good time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure.
- Server side configuration of applications and tools.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, coordinating and delivery.
- Basic understanding or knowledge of Powershell is desirable but not essential.