Associated British Foods is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.8bn, 138,000 employees and operations in 52 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia.
The IT Shared Service Centre was established in 2008 and is designed to deliver centralised IT infrastructure and services to ABF companies. We currently operate in 23 countries over 185 locations, with over 150 employees.
Reporting to the SSC Principle Architect the SSC Technical Architect's primary focus is the technical designs of the shared service centre common infrastructure platforms. The technology employed in the designs must deliver the agreed service and performance for ABF businesses; security, scalability and availability are integral to all platform designs.
This includes developing and maintaining an infrastructure roadmap for all infrastructure components, embracing technology development where appropriate to ensure a robust, scalable and innovative technical architecture.
As part of the architecture team this role will provide subject matter expertise in identity with a focus on Active Directory in private and public clouds with associated tool sets and security best practices.
The Architect will technically lead assigned capital programme projects and provide technical assurance for business unit SSC solutions delivered through project services. Technical Architect Location:
Peterborough, UK (currently homeworking in-line with Covid-19 guidance) Reports to:
Head of Architecture Directly Supervises:
In this role you will be primarily responsible for producing platform design solutions for existing and/or new infrastructure platforms. You will design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for reference architecture.Further responsibilities include:
· Ensure that proposed and existing architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
· Provide technical expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Solutions Analysts, and BAU teams (Desktop, Networks, Server, Security Operations).
· To provide material and present technical initiatives\projects at the ABF Tech Forum.
· Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of SSC technology, reference architecture, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, security and systems flexibility.
· In conjunction with the BAU operation own the capacity management of the SSC shared platforms. You should apply to this role if you:
· Hold a university degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
· Can produce and present articulate and accurate proposals and recommendations.
· Experienced in developing infrastructure solutions.
· Have knowledge of Microsoft O365, Active Directory Federated Services, Azure AD Connect.
· Experienced in designing and leading migrations to Office365 with a key focus on Microsoft collaboration (Email/Skype/Teams) and security applications (Azure MFA, Password Reset).
· Have knowledge and design experience of Platform as a Service providers including but not limited to AWS and ideally Azure.
· Have knowledge and design experience of Infrastructure as a Service providers including but not limited to AWS and Azure.
· Experienced in Cloud Connect inter-networking including ExpressRoute, SAP Connect, LAN\WAN wireless and VPN especially Avaya products and technologies.
· Have expertise in creating and improving the overall design for Azure Active Directory within a global enterprise. (AzureAD including B2B and B2C, AAD Connect, ADFS, MFA).
· Experience with LAN\WAN internetworking (including wireless), server platforms and applications (e.g. Microsoft Windows).
· Knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies especially VMware and Hyper-V.
· Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with the business units and internal and external customers
· Knowledge and experience of additional server platforms and applications (Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix).Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Able to conduct research into technical products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member. Why work for us?
Above we've laid out what we like you to do for us, but what are we going to do for you?
Associated British Foods is a global giant when it comes to the world of food processing and retail. Our ingredients division is the world's second-largest producer of both sugar and baker's yeast and our grocery brands occupy leading positions across the globe meaning that, in the UK, nine out of ten households use our brands.
We want you to be a part of our future and to support you, so below are a handful of some of our benefits that are offered to our employees.
- A commitment to your learning and development through online platforms that will help you build and achieve your goals in order to succeed.
- 24/7 free and confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you as and when necessary, particularly whilst we're all trying to navigate this new way of living we've found ourselves in.
- The option to join our private healthcare cover scheme.
- Work life balance is important to us so you will be given the option to buy additional annual leave on top of the 25 days leave you will benefit from.
- Discounts on ABF products such as Twinings, Silverspoon, Pataks and Ryvita.
- A generous and competitive pension scheme.