Service Desk Team Leader
Location: Milton Keynes
Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Mirus
, one of the group's companies'.
At Content + Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft's three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we've been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
To manage a team of service desk engineers, ensuring support tickets are responded to within agreed SLA's and engineers are mentored and developed.
Working with key stakeholders and business units, you are:Ticket and Telephone
- Responsible for achieving agreed service levels, at both ticket and telephone level, at both team and individual level;
- Responsible for building relationships with customers, attending service reviews and onboardings, managing customer escalations;
- Responsible for ensuring all tickets within the team are analysed for urgency and impact and then prioritised and allocated accordingly and in line with agreed service levels;
- Responsible for managing the progression of allocated tickets, ensuring customer incidents and requests are being managed effectively;
- Responsible for developing a set of serviceable metrics to highlight individual and team performance and help develop a gamification environment of incentive, rewards, and recognition;
- Responsible for direct management of a team of Technical Engineers;
- Responsible for performance management of a team, including regular performance reviews at both team and individual level, highlighting areas for improved achievement, introducing performance development plans, and where necessary, managing disciplinary reviews;
- Responsible for developing a team of Technical engineers, including identifying skills gaps, creating skills matrices, developing, implementing a training programme at both team and individual level, and tangible reporting to show a service improvement link between the programme and individual performance;
- Responsible for inputting into the development of individual and team objectives and actioning annual objectives setting meetings, mid-year reviews, and end-of-year appraisals, including performance grading and salary recommendations;
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new team members;
Process and Procedure
- Responsible for owning and developing the knowledge base for the team and the supported customer base, ensuring that knowledge is documented and shared and that Champions are created. Their knowledge is shared and regularly reviewed to improve performance continuously;
- Responsible for maintaining your current technical knowledge, allocating time to understand and learn the technologies your team support to more detail, and allowing a better understanding of new tickets to ensure they are prioritised using the best possible technical understanding of the customer's problem;
- Responsible for progressing major incidents, being the major incident manager, sending out regular updates and keeping the customer and the business informed on progress;
- Responsible for Root Cause Analysis documents to be created and published to the customer within the agreed SLA of 5 days post the closure of a major incident;
- Responsible for collating information and inputting into the formal complaints process;
- Responsible for actioning regular Problem Management within the team, from daily identification of common incidents that need to be converted into Problem tickets for Senior Engineers to investigate, through to monthly ticket trending and analysis with a drive to reduce hours spent on reactive service impacting tickets (measured through RHEM);
- Ensure a high standard of quality is always shown in communications sent by the Team Leader on behalf of Mirus;
Location and Environment
This role will be based out of our Milton Keynes offices, however you will work amongst a team split across our UK offices.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver - in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven Experience in a Team Leader Role
- Proven Experience of Managing Teams of Technical Engineers
- Proven Experience of Developing and Implementing Individual Performance Plans
- Proven Experience in Recruitment and Selection
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident, problem, and change management, at ITIL Foundation level.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills for working with teams and individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and with the ability to drive project agendas
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively form strong working relationships with all company stakeholders.
- Competent management of changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of managing tickets within a ticket handling system
- Experience with SharePoint
- Proficiency in MS Office suite incl. Visio
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
• Salary dependent on experience
• Working 40 hours (Monday - Friday, UK hours)
• Role based out of our Milton Keynes offices (currently working remotely)
• 25 days' annual leave
• Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities...)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content + Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93191524