Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! Cognizant Microsoft Business Group's Intelligent Workplace team is hiring now and we're looking for our next Azure Capability Lead to join us.
The Microsoft Business Group is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. We are compelled by our core values to drive transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The MBG team delivers full lifecycle solutions-from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.Why should you work at Microsoft Business Group?
- Multi Award Winning Business
- Official and Award-Winning Microsoft Partner
- Award Winning Databricks Partner
- Official GitHub Partner
- Cloud Native Organisation
- Growing International and Diverse teams
- Hugely collaborative environment, where ideas and knowledge sharing is actively encouraged
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection Cover
- Death in Service Cover
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced employee contributions
- Flexible Working and Working from Home
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
The Capability Lead is part of the Practice Leadership Team responsible for the day-to-day operations of the team from pre-sale to technical delivery and people management. This is a team-based role where you will work with other capability leads and report to the UK Regional Director of Intelligent Cloud. The time spent in this role will be divided between Pre-sales, Team management, Practice Improvements and Customer Delivery.What will the Azure Capability Lead be doing day-to-day?
What type of experience does the Azure Capability Lead need to be successful in this role?
- Primarily the Capability Lead will manage multiple client engagements across several clients working with architects to ensure quality control, high standards and customer satisfaction.
- The Capability Lead will operate as the team manager overseeing all aspect of the successful functioning of direct reports
- The Capability Lead will support all pre-sales activities for the practice from SOW creation/review, customer workshops participation and implementation resources alignment.
- The Capability Lead will act as the technical design authority for all practice designs.
- The Capability Lead will be responsible for the creation and adherence of practice standards
- The Capability Lead apply technical competence and experience to develop and review internal documentation standards and working practices.
- The Capability Lead will ensure that the quality of the work within the team fits Service Delivery and Service Assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation and training.
- The Capability Lead will assess and if need be, challenge customer requirements to ensure we are delivering benefits to the customer.
- The Capability Lead will ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- The Capability Lead will maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- The Capability Lead will assist Solution Architects by attending and if required running customer workshops
- The Capability Lead will work with customers and be able to technically deliver projects alone or alongside other Solutions or Technical Architects.
- The Capability Lead will assist the practice to develop and run an apprenticeship program
Does the Azure Capability Lead require travel?
- At least 5 years' experience delivering Azure infrastructure. Including but not limited to
- IaaS Compute, Storage, Networks, Monitoring, Management, Backup.
- At least 3 years in a client-facing role.
- At least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to lead client workshops.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and a strong sense of commercial awareness and experience of producing high quality and well scoped proposals and Statements of Work.
- Ability to lead a team, deliver client facing workshops, gathering requirements, provide technical guidance and make design decisions.
- Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Good teamwork skills - Works collaboratively in an agile environment using Azure DevOps or other.
- Ability to manage their own time and prioritising workloads.
- Demonstrable risk management knowledge
- Experience in technical project management
- Keen problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills.
- Ability to teach and act as a mentor to junior team members
- Excellent Solution Architecture knowledge of Azure
- The ability to assist junior team members with delivery problems
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework and Enterprise Scale
The role is currently 100% working from home however some travel to our London office will be required in the future.Security Responsibility:
All employees must act in accordance with Cognizant Microsoft Business Group's corporate security standards.ABOUT THE COGNIZANT MICROSOFT BUSINESS GROUP (MBG)
The Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) has a singular purpose-advancing your cloud modernization journey with focus, simplicity and scale. The Microsoft Business Group is an end-to-end Microsoft-centric cloud solutions and managed services provider that leverages extensive experience and IP to deliver constant innovation and business value, powered by the Microsoft Cloud platform. We are designed to reflect how you think about cloud transformation from a platform native perspective. Our dedicated experts and trusted blueprint deliver your digital difference through the Microsoft Cloud: Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365. We turn digital potential into real business performance at speed.Who We Are
We are the destination employer for Microsoft-committed professionals, providing depth of specialization and differentiated career paths. We have authentic conversations, build connections and grow careers while centering ourselves around our employees. We are a global team of certified consultants across all relevant technologies, coupled with cloud focused advisory consultants. With our supercharged talent, we are the world's best Microsoft partner. We prioritize investing and expanding.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As a Global Cloud Transformation Consultancy business, the Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) understands diversity and inclusion in the workplace brings benefits to our customers, our business and most importantly, our people. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
The Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factors protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including all aspects of the recruiting and employment life-cycle at Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG).
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93195224