Would you like to participate in shaping the future of construction?
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Server side) to join our software development team in Ipswich, UK.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of server side components on Trimble's WorksOSand WorksManager systems. This involves analysis, design, programming, testing and deployment of new and existing functionality. The server side components are developed in C# / .NET as microservices deployed in Docker containers managed within a Kubernetes infrastructure.
With us, you will work in a diverse, open, inspiring and innovative high-tech environment. You will work with other highly talented developers, with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and share your learnings.
To be successful in this role, you should have the technical skills required in the suite of tools used for development on WorksOS. We expect you to:
- Have a high degree of innovation, focus, flexibility, and drive.
- Be able to solve complex problems and have strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Have excellent written, oral and visual communication skills to explain complex information. You should be able to communicate effectively with team members both in the UK and globally and work in a collaborative way to build consensus.
- Enjoy and work well in a team-based environment, as well as being self-motivated to individually succeed.
- Understand best practices of modern Software Engineering including Agile Software Development, Automated Testing, Configuration Management principles and DevOps.
- Work independently, typically receiving little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Be willing and able to assist less experienced colleagues and able to lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Have the rigour and care to manage and control changes to development, testing and production environments.
- Have a Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Have proven experience as a software engineer working on cloud based applications.
- Have a good understanding of server side development using C# / .NET and understanding of Databases / SQL.
Some understanding of the following technologies would also also be advantageous:
- Azure DevOps and CI/CD Processes
- Docker & Kubernetes
- A GIT based change management platform.
The UI implementation utilizes the following technologies. An understanding of these would also be useful but not a requirement for the job:
- Automation testing using Cypress Testing Library or equivalent
There is still a huge amount of unreleased productivity potential in the construction industry and we need great people to help us unleash it! Apply via APPLICATION FORM as soon as possible.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93198106