ICT TechnicianLocation: LancSalary:
- Free lunch and drinks
- Free parking
- Pension c. 5%
- 30 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (and a fair and generous approach to leave taking generally)
- Staff fee discount of 50%
- Rural environment
Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremostQualifications:
Working directly with the Network Manager, ICT Technician will work closely with all departments to provide an efficient ICT provision throughout the whole organisation. The ICT Technician will support the Network Manager in identifying, recommending, and supporting cost effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team, leading small projects and driving best practice.Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- To provide first line technical support and advice as required for staff, students, governors and visitors
- Develop a Help Desk system that ensures requests for work are prioritised and completed in line with the department's standards.
- To provide IT support at the start high level meeting such of governor's meetings if required
- To work with the Network Manager in software developments and training to support colleagues
- To provide associated documentation for staff, students, governors and visitors as necessary
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues on the staff & students' computers such as software, hardware, configuration and user errors.
- Install software as required and to expected standards.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to hardware to maximise the efficiency of equipment.
- Ensure the correct disposal of damaged and un-repairable equipment and that the school meets its recycling duties in line with current procedures and legislation.
- Ensure an up to date inventory is maintained.
- Lead on the school's equipment cleaning audit to include computers, laptops and data projectors
- Take responsibility for own professional development, continually keep updated about new initiatives in educational ICT, and contribute to the school as a learning organisation
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which do not change the character and purpose of the post as directed by the Principal.
- Evening work will be required from time to time to support events for which flexibility in working hours is essential
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the organization.
- Develop constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, share expertise and skills with others
- Experience in use of education MIS. Experience of working in an education environment.
- Previous ICT Technician experience
- Experience of installing and configuring computer hardware and software, managing projects to completion.
- General knowledge in various systems, networks and software applications.
- Hands on experience of troubleshooting servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, and network interface cards.
- Understanding of data protection and security.
If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £250 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93201834