Exponential-e is a pioneer of connectivity, cloud and communication solutions. We provide a host of services and solutions to enterprise level customers, including Connectivity, Cloud Hosting, Managed IT, Professional Services and Unified Communications. Your new role
We are recruiting for the role of a Senior Network Engineer / Lead Network Engineer to join our 3rd Line Network team. You will act as technical lead for the 3rd Line team and provide a last line of support for Exponential-e customers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide the last line of support for any complex incidents, changes and problems
- Troubleshooting complex customer technical faults and driving fault resolution
- Keeping customers updated with the progress of faults
- Working as an escalation point for incidents, changes and problems
- Responsible for technical mentoring, documentation, and processes
To help continue with our world-class status, we need someone who can deliver excellence. As a Senior Network Engineer / Lead Network Engineer you must be a highly technical and experienced hands on networking specialist.Knowledge and experience required:
- Significant experience working as a Senior Engineer or 3rd Line Engineer for a Managed Service Provider
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex network faults and in particular, routing and switching faults
- Experience on firewalls such as Fortigate, Palo Alto and Meraki MXs - administrating, configuring and troubleshooting
- Sound understanding of Network designs such as DC 3-tier architecture, DR failover, OSPF, BGP, IPsec, MPLS.
- Experience with troubleshooting network connections to Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Strong commercial experience of Remote VPN
- SD-WAN, SDN and dot1x experience
- Multi-vendor experience working with Cisco, Juniper, Nokia/Alcatel Lucent
- CCNP/CCIE certification
- Experience of supporting and configuring network devices using management systems and orchestration tools
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- A dedicated Learning and Development team including access to a range of technical training and courses (LinkedIn Learning and CBT Nuggets)
- Home-working arrangements (hybrid home and office working post Covid restrictions)
- Working at the forefront of technology
- Critical and high profile role within Exponential-e
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
- Working in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service
- Quarterly and annual employee awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
- Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, free Barista coffee, season ticket loans, local gym discount, Vitality health cover)
- Purchase up to five extra days of annual leave
- Every employee gets their birthday day off work
- Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
From launching the world's first Virtual private LAN in 2006 on our privately-owned 100GigE secure and super-fast Network to our recent work integrating SD-WAN and SD-DC, Exponential-e's commitment to innovation has resulted in us being recognised as a world-class IT Service provider, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK, and have 8 ISO accreditations to our name.
We have built an extensive solutions portfolio, which enables the creation of services tailored specifically to our customers' operational needs - whether that be for Private and Public Cloud, Data Centre, Unified Communications, Cyber Security or Managed IT Services.
What we deliver is Peace of Mind-as-a-Service. The customer is at the heart of everything we do. That's why we are trusted by more than 3,000 customers, boast a 96% customer reference-ability, and have an industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our rapidly growing organisation. We take PRIDE in our culture and team spirit, driven by our employees that want to learn, achieve and build a successful career path. What you need to do now
Click "apply now" and you will end up on our careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don't tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Exponential-e then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.Location
: Central London (Aldgate, E1 8EU) - hybrid home and office working post pandemicSalary
: market rate, dependant on experience and technical skillsHours
: Mon - Fri, 09:00AM - 17:30PM + participation in on call rota
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93198612