As a Business Analyst within Capita ONE's Revenues & Benefits Product team, you will explore, analyse, validate and specify new products as well as amended software features and functions, used by our key customers in local government in the billing and collection of council tax and non-domestic rates and the administration for housing benefit and council tax support. You will be engaging with customers and internal teams to develop and understand opportunities, challenges and requirements, working with government and legislative bodies to ensure compliance across products. Working in a matrix organisation as a member of a domain focused team of Product Managers and Bas, you will enjoy strong support from a very knowledgeable and skilled team, as a member of a larger community based both onshore and offshore.
This is a Fixed Term Contract currently due to finish at the end of December 2021. What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Run stakeholder workshops to identify and elaborate requirements, test out ideas and validate opportunities.
- Develop appropriate analysis and requirement artefacts (process maps, use cases, data models, user story maps etc) for new and amended software products, features and functions in alignment with team practices.
- Perform story mapping workshops and write user stories with appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Attend and actively contribute to sprint planning sessions.
- Work with offshore and onshore BAs and other colleagues to ensure a shared understanding of user stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Work with offshore and onshore BAs and Development colleagues to ensure user story acceptance criteria have been met.
- Attend and contribute to daily stand-up meetings including providing updates on personal tasks.
- Demonstrate completed user stories during 'show and tell' sessions.
- Contribute to retrospective sessions.
- Write and update release documentation (Release Notes and User Guides).
- Continually develop knowledge of the domain including trends and legislative direction.
- Continue to develop own Business Analysis skills, experience, tools and techniques sharing and supporting the wider BA team.
About Capita ONE
- Strong experience working in or with local governments
- Previous experience working in revenues & benefits - such as council tax, business rates, housing benefits or council tax support
- Experience of working with Capita, Northgate or Civica's local government software systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of defining high-level business requirements and writing user stories
At Capita ONE, we're keeping society moving. Our technology is helping deliver public and community services which make the difference to children, young people and families. We're partnering with 120 local authorities and 200 of the UK's largest housing providers to support them with everything from social housing to social care, benefits and payments. Our team is passionate about people and many of them have come to us directly from local authorities and the public sector. Join us and discover better ways to support people in achieving happy, fulfilled lives.What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- The ability to work remotely from home, with flexibility allowed when required
- This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract currently due to finish at the end of December 2021
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.Equal Opportunities
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93203790