Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! Cognizant Microsoft Business Group's Applied Innovation team is hiring now and we're looking for our next Solution Architect
to join us.
The Microsoft Business Group is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. We are compelled by our core values to drive transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The Cognizant Microsoft Business Group team delivers full lifecycle solutions-from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.Why should you work at Microsoft Business Group?
What will the Solution Architect be doing day-to-day?
- Multi Award Winning Business
- Official and Award-Winning Microsoft Partner
- Award Winning Databricks Partner
- Official GitHub Partner
- Cloud Native Organisation
- Growing International and Diverse teams
- Hugely collaborative environment, where ideas and knowledge sharing is actively encouraged
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection Cover
- Death in Service Cover
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced employee contributions
- Flexible Working and Working from Home
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
What type of experience does the Solution Architect need to be successful in this role?
- Responsible for the overall solution architecture and high-level designs
- Work with the Programme team to ensure the architectural vision delivers the agreed business functionality
- Work with the workstream Software Architects to drive overall technical quality, best practices, and principles across workstreams and ensures these deliver the solution architecture vision
- Work with the architecture team to ensure alignment on quality parameters
- Work with the QA manager to align on the overall testing strategy across workstreams
- A strong understanding of Microservices, Domain Driven Design, and Integration patterns
- Ability to effectively work independently while being a good team player
- Hands on experience with Azure PaaS (3+ years) including AKS, Service Bus, Storage, Cosmos DB, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps
- Full stack development (.NET Core C#, ASP.NET Core MVC, JQuery)
- Scaling models for services on Azure
- Use of templated builds in Azure - ARM templates
- An understanding of security and threat models (OWASP top ten)
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Deployments within the last 2 years for production workload
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops approaches to the software lifecycle and their impact on solution architecture
- Understanding on the pricing model of Azure services and its impact on solution architecture
All employees must act in accordance with Cognizant Microsoft Business Group's corporate security standards.EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Cognizant Microsoft Business Group requires candidates to prove eligibility to work in the UK. Offered candidates may be asked to complete a background check as permitted by applicable employment regulations. Depending on the requirements of the job, these record checks may include any or all of the following education verification, employment verification, drug screening, and criminal record check.ABOUT THE COGNIZANT MICROSOFT BUSINESS GROUP (MBG)
The Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) has a singular purpose-advancing your cloud modernization journey with focus, simplicity and scale. The Microsoft Business Group is an end-to-end Microsoft-centric cloud solutions and managed services provider that leverages extensive experience and IP to deliver constant innovation and business value, powered by the Microsoft Cloud platform. We are designed to reflect how you think about cloud transformation from a platform native perspective. Our dedicated experts and trusted blueprint deliver your digital difference through the Microsoft Cloud: Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365. We turn digital potential into real business performance at speed.Who We Are
We are the destination employer for Microsoft-committed professionals, providing depth of specialization and differentiated career paths. We have authentic conversations, build connections and grow careers while centering ourselves around our employees. We are a global team of certified consultants across all relevant technologies, coupled with cloud focused advisory consultants. With our supercharged talent, we are the world's best Microsoft partner. We prioritize investing and expanding.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As a Global Cloud Transformation Consultancy business, the Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) understands diversity and inclusion in the workplace brings benefits to our customers, our business and most importantly, our people. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
The Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG) prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factors protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including all aspects of the recruiting and employment life-cycle at Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG).
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93195562