About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SCRUM MASTER to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Sheffield.Role Purpose:
What you'll be doing
- Scrum Master to play a key role in the delivery of Digital Transformation/ Agile development projects, embedded in our IT Data and Software Development team.
- You'll work with the Head of Data and Software Development to develop and embed appropriate project management approaches in delivery teams, monitoring and supporting adoption across an array of projects.
- You'll coach the teams in self-management, good user story development and done definitions, as well helping to create sprint plans and support sizing. You'll help put together complexproduct backlogs, supporting our product owners and facilitating stakeholder collaboration wherever its needed.
- You'll act as a servant leader, removing impediments to progress and managing positive, productive ceremonies with the Scrum teams. Most of all, you'll lead and coach our data and software teams in Scrum and its adoption in a complex technical and organisational environment.
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Plans, controls and manages the delivery of a Portfolio of projects to meet the agreed business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
- Ensures that all projects are appropriately planned as per guidance from the Head of Data and Software Development , the IT PMO Controls and our IT governance Models
- Conducts regular reviews and reports progress against the project budget and project plan
- Monitors and controls resources and manages expectations of project stakeholders
- Help ensure best value is obtained for the project including supplier base, use of resources and technology
- Operates the PMOs risk framework to identify and manage the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities
Who we're looking for
- Overall management of a projects
- Liaison, communication and effective management of suppliers, the Business and other functions to ensure each projects effective delivery on schedule and within budget
- Reports on budgets, resourcing, project(s) status, risks and issues to the Portfolio Stakeholder Management
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Python in a data engineering or analytics environment.
- Experience with AWS technologies ideally Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift.
- Experience interfacing with other technologies to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data.
- Some understanding of graph databases (Neo4J or other).
- Fast, organised and can take direction well.
- Logical thinker with ability to solve problems
- Good verbal communication skills with senior management in customer base
- Good written skills
- Tenacious with desire to achieve defined outcome to a high quality
- Strong organisational and communications skills along with understanding production values, deadlines and priorities
Why work for us
- Azure cloud infrastructure
- Microsoft Power BI
- Database architecture and design
- Real world understanding of PL/SQL, MSSQL or other flavours.
- AWS SAM (Serverless Application Framework) experience.
- GIS (location) data experience
- Visual ETL technologies such as Matillion.
- Working closely with team members to drive real-time model implementations for monitoring and alerting of risk systems.
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Previous work with an onshore professional services team
- Degree, HND or equivalent in Business, Computer Science/Engineering or related field or relevant work experience professional services team
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
We support each other to deliver and succeed, placing equal value on all perspectives by embracing diversity and inclusion. Together we deliver powerful new solutions, collaborating with governments, our customers and partners to shape thinking, create skylines and inspire a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93203931