Metal Trading Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
Royston, Hertfordshire - Flexible Working
Circa. Up to £65,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Pension and Benefits
Competitive Package of up to £88,000
Job Family: IT.
Johnson Matthey are actively seeking a Metal Trading Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
to be based in our Royston, Hertfordshire
office on a permanent
Johnson Matthey IT (JMIT) is Johnson Matthey's global IT function responsible for ensuring that our IT capabilities are not only able to support and integrate technologies but can also offer insight into future IT tools that could provide us with a competitive edge and improved operating efficiencies. We are currently in the process of a global IT transformation with several large programmes running and about to start.
The Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
will be part of the Trading Systems Continuous Improvements (CI) stream and will be responsible for managing and planning the teams activities. The analyst will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of strategic and tactical small changes and enhancements to continually improve the solutions within Metal Trading. The CI team will aim to drive enhanced value within the Metal Trading function and to external teams within JM IT when necessary. The focus for CI will be the delivery of strategic small change enhancements to support the PMM trading business. Role will report directly into Global Head of Metal Trading and will work interactively with the supplier Support Manager who will provide guidance and support for work packages to be delivered under the CI stream. Some other key responsibilities will be:Key responsibilities:
The role will focus on two distinct areas:
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
- Performing root cause analysis on issues and problems. This will also include providing solutions to issues raised
- Preparation of functional specifications and technical design documentation necessary for solution configuration and/or bespoke developments, allowing changes to be delivered by BIS and/or 3 rd Party Software Engineering teams.
- Review and validate documentation by the CI team
- Work independently to identify solutions to change requests that have been submitted. This will require the resource to be able to think outside the box and be able to engage with the business to find an appropriate solution
- Have the ability to perform an in-depth evaluation of change and enhancements resulting in a business case that identifies the quantifiable business benefits and impact assessment of each change in order to assess the viability of the enhancement
- Have the ability to present solution options, evaluate responses and provide explanations to business users in a pressurised environment
- Represent CI changes through the BSD Change & Release governance processes, as required, maintaining the BSD Configuration Management Database (CMDB) as necessary.
- Performing Project Management activities for all the items included in the CI stream. This will include planning and scheduling of CI activities at the start of the Financial Year and tracking progress, costs against the plan. Planning of ad hoc CI changes raised through the Financial year
- Management of the CI team (which will consist of JM IT and Supplier resources)
- Familiarisation with the JM IT PMO project delivery lifecycle and to feed project status to the PM as required for reporting purposes
- Tracking of activities against the agreed plan
- Tracking of budgets and forecast against actuals
- Planning of scheduled CI activities and forecast budgets at the start of the Financial Year
- Providing monthly updates to Steerco outlining progress of deliverables, financial status and costs whilst also delivering the value/benefits delivered to the business
- As necessary, work as a member of application project teams, to provide continuity of JM solution, application landscape and data knowledge in order to strengthen the delivered solutions.
- Works with BSD Product Manager, Solution Architect and Enterprise Architecture team to shape application roadmaps to drive overall simplification and rationalisation objectives.
How to apply:
- Experience of precious metals trading business processes and system. Specific knowledge of Openlink Endur application
- Proven experience in working independently to identify solutions for changes and enhancements raised
- Ability to produce solution options to changes and enhancements raised, with the ability to engage with the business community and present these options to the business
- Proven experience in managing and delivering effective business workshops
- Experience of performing solution synopsis including preparation of documentation to support change, this includes:
- Business benefits
- Business impact
- Cost analysis
- Experience in producing functional and technical specifications and communicating the requirements to the development team (in the form of a build specification)
- Experience in facilitating and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and providing support during go live transition periods
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Commodities Finance back and middle office functions
- Ability to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders and where necessary prepare and deliver presentations to senior ENR stakeholders
- Ability to use skills and experience and apply problem solving techniques to solve complex trading related issues
- Has proven experience and ability to understand new topics quickly or use methods or techniques to on-board knowledge quickly
- Previous experience in managing a team consisting of JM IT and supplier resources
- Proven experiencing in Project managing small change projects using ITIL methodology
- Proven experience in managing project financials, tracking budgets and forecasts against actuals and providing monthly status reports to management
- Proven and demonstrable experience in effective team management with the ability to provide mentoring, guidance and support to team members
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. Closing date for applications: 23 July 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93213188