Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: County Durham
Salary: up to £40k DoE
Our client is a sportswear and sports merchandise comparison website. They have developed a platform that allows sports fans from all over the world to compare prices and find deals on thousands of kits, trainers, sportswear and equipment from the best-known leading sporting brands and retailers. They are at the start of an exciting journey of growth, and plan to be a global brand. They're looking for a Senior Software Developer with an excellent understanding of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, IIS and Visual Studio to join them on their journey and play a key role in achieving greatness.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will contribute to the further development and perfection of the software that drives the client's offering, helping them to progress ever further. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented individual to make an impact and be part of something really big.Skills & Experience:
The following is a list of desirable experience based on the technologies you will be working with in this role. Prior experience in these is preferred, but even if you can't say yes to everything, we'd still like to hear from you.
- Extensive software development experience in a commercial environment
- Excellent understanding of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, IIS, Visual Studio
- Understanding of NoSQL technologies such as MongoDb
- Knowledge of cloud hosting technologies such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience of automated build and deployment solutions such as Azure DevOps
- Advocate of source control solutions such as Git or TFS
- Experienced in the development of highly reliable and scalable solutions
- Knowledge of working with RESTful/SOAP APIs
- Familiar with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Comfortable working with Agile development methodologies
- A resourceful, independent worker with good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven mentoring skills
- Ability to architect and design effective solutions to real business problems
- Competitive Salary
- Employee options (EMI scheme)
- Contributory pension along with Death in Service benefit
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Casual dress
- An ambitious positive atmosphere
- The business is currently working remotely and moving towards a hybrid approach, with a mix of office and remote work to suit individual staff. Therefore, being within commutable distance of Durham is preferred.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role, click "apply" and we'll get things rolling. If you'd like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93223570