Business AnalystRemote with 1 day per week in Manchester officeBusiness Analyst: About the Company
My client - a successful Software company based in Manchester are looking for a Business Analyst to join their team.
The company targets telecoms companies and IT resellers providing them with a cloud based platform (which includes billing tools, sales tools and support tools) that essentially enables companies to go to market. Over the coming months the company plan to develop up to 18 brand new products - all cloud based - so you would be working on a mix of existing products and brand new, greenfield projects.
The culture is very relaxed and flexible, employees are given the autonomy to manage their own time and work load and there are also options to work remotely, long term. Despite Covid the company are enjoying a lot of success and as such are in a significant period of growth.
This is a great time to join the business as there is a genuine opportunity to influence the direction of and have a real involvement in the new products they plan to launch plus lots of scope to progress as the company grows. Business Analyst: Role and Responsibilities
·Working alongside the Head of Business Analysis within a controlled project management framework to analyse existing and future business processes, business models and the integration with technology
·Responsibility for investigating and identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT
·Understanding the wider business by documenting process flows
·Performing in depth analysis using appropriate tools and techniques to help further refine the understanding of the business requirements
·Documenting requirements in the form of Agile Stories and Acceptance Criteria
·Using more formal analysis techniques such as using UML techniques like Use Cases and Activity Diagrams and performing business process modelling
·Running workshops to elicit requirements and understand the business needs
·Keeping up to date with analysis techniques and methodologies and influencing the on-going business analysis ways of working
·Engaging with senior executives
·Interfacing with both business and technical colleaguesBusiness Analyst: Key Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Experience in delivering IT software projects working with multiple development team, in house and out source
- Strong supplier and vendor management experience.
- Previous experience working in software integration projects, integrating number of system and platforms using diverse technologies.
- Experience managing senior stakeholders and leading user group sessions
- Great negotiator, a very good listener and highly analytical
- Presentation skills - Ability to construct and deliver high quality presentations to stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of ITIL best practices and processes and how to apply in our Market and sector (IT services)
- The ability to be personable and tenacious
- Ability to manage virtual, geographically dispersed teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Dealing with change, and flexibility to adapt and help others to adapt
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with Agile-based software development process, preferably SCRUM
- Previous experience in supplier contracts and SLA tracking
- Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- Experience in IT system integration projects
- Evidence or personal development and attendance of training events
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93223174