Product Engineer with Pall Corporation, a Danaher company
Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation
thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you'll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall
is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.Pall
is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies.
Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Looking to improve your career within this fast paced environment? This could be the ideal next opportunity for you with excellent opportunities and benefits.Summary purpose of the position:
To Advance Operational Execution and Accelerate Growth through Engineering projects contributing to specific or multiple Product Value Streams and throughout the entire product life cycle with-in the guidelines of an ISO13485 and ISO9001 compliant Quality Management System. This includes the transition from product design freeze to manufacturing at scale, extending the product life cycle through construction, material and manufacturing process upgrades, VAVE.Responsibilities:
- Improve OTD
- Improve OMX by Value Stream Optimization and VAVE
- Improve product quality by PPM reduction
- Reduce Material Losses
- Reduce Total Inventory
- Work with R&D on the transfer of new products into manufacturing & validation. Site and continuous improvements to remove bottlenecks in respective Product Value Streams.
Crucial Previous Experience:
- Production Preparation Process associated with product prototype transition to manufacturing at scale.
- Leading Consumables, Accessories, Housings and Systems Product upgrades through VAVE and Transactional process improvements.
- Implementing DFMA (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly) on next generation and ground-breaking new product development projects.
- Implementing Problem Solving Process to effectively close performance gaps by getting to the true root cause and implementing effective, sustainable countermeasures.
- Evaluation of the baseline manufacturing performance as a base for the Value Stream improvements. This includes preparation and evaluation of test reports, numerical modelling of processes and systems, preparation of process characteristics, development of layouts for new manufacturing steps or lines.
- Active participation in the Continuous Improvement projects. This includes proactive leadership during Kaizen and Shin kaizen events, Participation in Gemba Walks.
- Standardize and streamline the product manufacturing processes and materials of products to achieve material productivity and Plant productivity targets.
- Chip in to reliability improvement programs including best CAPA practices; Design for Reliability and MPC.
- Validated experiences in industry within Healthcare Sciences or similar regulated industry.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, manufacturing engineering or a similar field of study.
- Several years' experience in an industrial company; experience in the implementation and management of investment/modernization projects.
- Green belt / 6 sigma certification.
- Project Management skills according to PMI / IPMA standards.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out!
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.