Product Principal Engineer - Next-Generation ProductLocation
Falkirk / Skelmersdale / Guildford / Scarborough / BallymenaThe Company
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- We need an innovative Engineer to join us, who will provide technical leadership and deliver our next generation zero-emissions products.
- You will be at the forefront of our work to save the planet by defining, developing, and delivering cutting-edge zero-emissions products.
- Opportunities like this don't come along often - you will have exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders and complex projects globally.
- We are a fast-paced business with priorities shifting all the time. You will partner with stakeholders to define the product roadmap, providing sound advice to queries which will be flung your way on a daily basis.
- Using your strong leadership skills, this is a fantastic opportunity to manage and develop a successful, innovative team.
- Experience in a similar senior Engineering leadership position.
- Extensive experience of automotive product development. And if you have this from the bus industry - even better!
- A detailed understanding of whole vehicle design and major systems, and you will bring an extensive knowledge of global passenger service markets.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software engineering disciplines is key.
- Simply put, you will be a people person. You will lead by example, engaging and motivating your team.
- You won't be afraid to challenge the status quo, constantly improving the way we do things.
- Relationship building will come easily to you - across all levels of seniority and various areas of the business.
- Things can be hectic here. You will remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise a busy workload.
- Generally, someone who fits into our culture - approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- You will be a degree-qualified Engineer, with experience in a relevant role.
- You will be able to travel between UK sites.
- You will be a self-starter, passionate about new product development, with the guts and determination to succeed.
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment. You will have a real input into how we do this.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects which you won't find anywhere else.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in coming 'aboard', then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short cover letter detailing why you're interested and why we should hire you!
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to email@example.com