DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our DWP Digital community.
We use fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to create innovative, scalable digital solutions that will forever change the way people interact with government, access support and benefits and find work.
Specifically, you'll work on the operations of secure computing platforms, servers, and networks. You'll be installing, maintaining, upgrading, and continuously improving DWP's massive operating environment.Delivery. Work. Projects.
You're a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on security operations, so you'll be an integral part of the design and operation of secure services for DWP and over 20 million users.
You'll focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality, creating and implementing secure solutions.
We building world class teams in DWP. As a respected, skilled security solutions practitioner you'll be giving guidance and technical support to teams on the development of high quality technology service products. You'll share and lead on best practices, and help those around you be at their best.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Information Security: You have an appreciation of information security, designing solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as core part of the solutions and services.
- Technical Breadth: You have a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape. You also understand the limitations of digital technology.
- Test Analysis: You can think outside the box, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team. You lead investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes, and can make recommendations for improvements. You can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions.
Details. Wages. Perks.
- IT Infrastructure: You can design, implement, administer and support Security products and services, ensuring adherence to Digital Security Standards and Architectural Principles.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £68,972 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 25 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.