Why apply for this role?
In this high-profile role, you'll increase our Machine Learning capability within Santander. By combining a wide range of technical skills with business knowledge you'll turn vast quantities of data into valuable insights and actions.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Leading the formation of a small strategic data science function that aims to deliver models to improve forecasting, improve the efficiency of call routing.
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer journeys (e.g. anomaly detection).
- Coaching also creates actionable insights from un-structured customer conversations.
- Providing subject matter expertise and information to the business, using sound knowledge within Data Science, Behavioural Economics, Digital Marketing or UX.
- Undertakes projects/assignments and ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements to support our competitive position and shareholder value.
What else you need to know
- Advanced knowledge and experience in data engineering, and data modelling from idealisation through to production.
- Comprehensive understanding of analytical tools including Python or R.
- Educated to degree (or Masters) level in a mathematical related subject.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring members of the team in areas of expertise.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a project team.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 12-month FTC position.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93386921