Senior Performance Architect and Engineer
My client is a UK based Test Automation Vendor consultancy
We are building a specialist Performance Test team all centrally focused on Jmeter/Gatling and are looking for a senior to join us.
You will need 5+ years of experience of performance testing across many of the below as a minimum:
- As a Senior Performance Test Engineer you will be our SME related to all performance/NFT areas. This will be a client-facing role and you'll be expected to have the blend of tremendous technical acumen as well as face-to-face consulting skills. You will be expected to broaden your skillset into other functional and non functional areas.
We're headquartered in London however please note that, because we're a consultancy, you'll need to be prepared to travel across globally although we will look to minimise this where possible.
We're looking for demonstrable competency across the following technical areas:
- Strong expertise around data preparation involving using REST API calls
- Designing and creating performance engineering scripts with complex logic based on business flows
- Creation of reusable login modules involving SAML Token exchange
- Execution of regression load test suites and maintenance of test result dashboards for management reporting
- Strong knowledge around PowerShell scripting including designing, creating and maintaining scripts
- Strong demonstrable expertise using performance tools such as JMeter, Gatling, Artillery.io
- Testing legacy, web, mobile and modern applications in a performance capacity
- Designing and building performance test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in Agile and Devops methodology, micro services architecture and cloud technologies
- Expertise in gathering and deriving Non Functional requirements, developing Work Load Patterns, Estimations and developing Performance Strategies and Plans and implementing them
- Knowledge of performance troubleshooting (heap dump and thread dump analysis) is preferred
- Report on the possibilities of performance failures and make sound decisions for next steps
- Performance bottleneck identification and debugging skills and ability to conduct performance optimization efforts.
- The ability to reviews and define test conditions for given requirements, design test cases and create test scripts and support data, working to the non-functional specifications provided
- Assesses and evaluates risk
- Strong proven ability to work collaboratively in a small team to deliver a technical solution
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
- Test Automation tools and frameworks: Micro Focus Suite ADM: UFT, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Nightwatch, Protractor, Robot Framework, Smartbear Test Complete, OATS and REST libraries
- Test management and SDLC Collaboration tools: Confluence, JIRA, Zephyr, ALM, Slack, ALM-QC, ALM Octane, Silk Central, CA Agile Requirements Designer, TFS, Service Now, and MTM
If you are genuinely passionate about creating the best of breed software and system testing frameworks and be working with and as a top SME, we would be pleased to hear from you. We are unable to sponsor and are looking for permanent hires only
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93385804