Start Date: Immediate
Pay: AR03 £17,286 (£5,795 pro rata)
TWILIGHT CLUB ASSISTANT- 15 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic applicant to join our team at Folkestone Primary in our after school Twilight Club. Wrap around care is an essential part of our school day. We need a candidate who is creative, dedicated, patient and caring who can offer exciting and purposeful activities for enabling children of all ages to experience a wide range of educational opportunities.
Part of Turner Schools; Folkestone Academy (Primary Phase) is a forward thinking school that recognises and develops children's personal strengths and talents. Our children are well behaved, enthusiastic learners and our staff are welcoming, hard-working and supportive.
The successful applicant:
- Will be committed and enthusiastic
- Will have experience of working with children of primary school age
- Be a confident communicator, able to build positive and supportive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Have experience in planning, organising and delivering a high quality, safe, inclusive and creative experience
- Will be able to support the delivery of high-quality extra-curricular activities
If you are a professional, an advocate for the welfare of all children and you have the drive and commitment to change young people's lives, then we welcome your application.
The role will involve working 15:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, term time only
If you are interested in joining Team Turner and would like to come and visit our school, please contact the school office on 01303 842400
We reserve the right to close the advert early if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date: 21/07/2021 at 12:00
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
Information about the school
At Folkestone Primary, our priority is for children to develop a love of learning, inspired by quality first teaching. We work tirelessly to ensure that our children enjoy a stimulating and diverse education; learning is irresistible, children are happy, feel safe and valued. We are a caring community with a committed team who role model high expectations of learning and behaviour.
Prospective employees are encouraged to visit us to find out, first hand, how we prepare children to be successful in life.
Turner Schools is a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) based in Folkestone on the beautiful Kent coast. The Turner Schools family includes five schools in Folkestone:-
- Folkestone Primary
- Folkestone Academy
- Morehall Primary
- Martello Primary
- Turner Free School
We provide education through pre-school, primary, secondary and on to sixth form. Each school is individual and responds to the needs of its local community to provide the best possible opportunity for its young people. We promote high academic standards, while ensuring crucial opportunities for personal and emotional development.
Turner Schools is committed to Transforming children's futures...Empowering children's futures...Strengthening communities.
To help us achieve this Turner Staff 'Walk the Turner Talk'
- Speak and act with care: always show compassion and respect for children.
- Act boldly: be ambitious for yourself and the children and young people we serve.
- Learn from adversity: be evaluative, thoughtful and reflective.
- Challenge convention: be curious, welcome difference and unfamiliar thinking.
- Connect with others: support colleagues, parents and pupils to make a great team.
- Use your voice: offer different views and ask questions.
- Do what it takes: be relentless in pursuing the best for children.
- Ask for support: be open and honest when plans go awry.
- Don't give up: be calm, resilient and measured when managing challenges.
Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For further information on Turner Schools, please visit our website via the button below.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.