Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a Global Medical Adviser for an excellent opportunity to join a multi-national pharmaceutical organisation based in London. This role will bring medical/scientific and drug safety related insights and expertise to the company and to be the subject matter experts across multiple functional areas.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Provide leadership for a given product, products or designated therapy area (anticipated to be CNS), with overall responsibility for developing, owning and executing the global medical affairs plan.
- Coordinate launch planning activities for key product(s) of strategic interest; develop key medical data summaries / presentations and the like to ensure successful market preparation for new products.
- To act as the strategic medical affairs advisor to the respective commercial business unit and works cross-functionally with other internal partners to provide product/therapy area medical expertise across all business areas.
- Undertake expert assessment of new products / value add medicine opportunities and provide expert medical insights and analysis for key product acquisition and development projects.
- Engage in product or indication specific analysis of existing data sources (both internal and external) to develop insights in optimization of therapy, improved clinical outcomes, enhanced value proposition, and new insights into disease pathophysiology.
- Recognise and engage with key external experts within given product/therapy area, so as to ensure that external insights inform medical affairs strategic plans, and internal development opportunities; identify key medical trends and emerging issues with respect to a given therapy area and inform project teams as necessary.
- Active engagement in the planning, oversight, implementation of relevant congresses, symposia, scientific exchange meetings and the like, ensuring that all activities are compliant with company requirements.
- Recognise, develop and implement global advisory boards as required to support the planning and execution of Global Medical Affairs strategic plan elements; contribute in national/regional advisory boards, as appropriate.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Academic degree in medicine, with significant patient facing clinical experience, to ensure that the incumbent has the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge to lead the clinical and medical insights component of this role.
- Medical Affairs experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries, in a predominantly international setting.
- Formal training and accreditation as a Pharmaceutical Physician.
- Experience in a franchise specific clinical specialty (CNS); established knowledge of key external experts within given a specialty area.
- Prior experience in collaborating with business development groups to assess new product opportunities; pipeline development expertise; mergers & acquisitions expertise.
- Specific training and experience in one of the core specialized areas of strategic interest is desired [CNS].
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.