Job description:Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what's right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica's Intellectual Property and Contracts team is responsible for the company's global patent and trademark portfolios, as well as, contracts with our partners and suppliers.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Contracts Associate to join the team. Responsibilities in this role would be:
- Liaise with Contracts Director, Contracts Manager and others relating to the preparation and dispatch of agreements with other parties.
- Liaise with Contracts Director, Contracts Manager and others relating to the review of agreements provided by other parties.
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of agreements of varying levels of complexity with other parties (e.g. Consultancy, Services, Confidential Disclosure, Material Transfer, Research Collaboration), in accordance with company policies and procedures and business requirements. (very similar to Associate)
- Work with the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager to identify, design and implement policies and procedures covering the negotiation and management of contracts and to monitor compliance to such policies and procedures across the company (okay)
- With the assistance of the Contracts Director or Contracts Manager, perform comprehensive risk assessment of proposed terms and conditions (e.g. warranties and indemnities, GDPR, IR35, shipping, insurance, IP rights) and develop strategies and recommendations to minimize potential risk to the business.
- Liaise with and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to balance operational and contracting considerations
- Oversee progress of unsigned agreements and follow up where necessary.
- Handover of agreement to internal contract requesters to explain obligations and set out risks.
- Use contracts database and other document management tools to file electronic correspondence and agreements.
- Assist Contracts Manager in keeping Oxford BioMedica agreement templates up to date.
- Work with Head of IPC to ensure departmental training records are compliant with company policies
- Discuss best practice with Contracts team members and, alongside Contracts Director and Contracts Manager review and provide feedback on the work of team members
- Supervision of more junior members of the Contracts team
Profile description:To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We're future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
- A scientific, legal or other degree and experience working in a legal support role
- Significant experience of generation, review, negotiation and management of agreements with other parties including confidential disclosure, consultancy, services, supply, research collaboration and material transfer agreements.
- Understanding of commercial and service level negotiations
- Basic understanding of value of IP to an innovative company
- Previous legal contract training, in house or external is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe, with demonstrable database knowledge and understanding
- Experience of working with internal and external customers
- Experience in a similar business an advantage
- Ability to mentor, support and/or supervisory more junior members of staff is desirable
We are committed to offering highly competitive reward packages for all our staff. That's why, every year, we benchmark our salaries and benefits against the local pharmaceutical market - by that, we mean that we compare our packages with those of other major companies in the London, Oxford, Cambridge areas.
We're looking for highly skilled, focused individuals to help us deliver life-changing therapies to patients. It's no mean feat, and we have to work together to make this happen.
Along the way, you'll have a rich variety of opportunities to really develop your career. We'll also give you a generous set of employee benefits and a competitive salary.