At Astellas we are making treatments that matter to people We are tackling the toughest health challenges putting the patient at the heart of every move we make. We have developed ground-breaking, innovative medicines in immunology, oncology and urology. Our medicines are extending and saving the lives of cancer patients, making transplantation possible and improving the quality of life for those living with conditions where needs are often overlooked. We take a patient-focused approach, that allows us to convert brilliant early science into treatments and solutions that directly improve and save patients' lives. From lab to clinic to patient, we focus on the most promising science, empower the best talent to pursue it, and develop life-changing solutions alongside the best partners.Medical Manager (Oncology)
We are looking for an experienced medical subject matter expert within Oncology therapy who is seeking a new challenge to excel their career by supporting and improving the lives of men, women and children, providing innovative medicines in areas of health where there is urgent need for better treatments.About This Job:
As Medical Manager
and a key member of the Regional Core Medical Team, you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the global medical strategy (Core Medical Plan) in the relevant therapy area at the affiliate level by coordinating and executing medical / scientific activities to:
- understand the local external environment and data gaps;
- translate insights into strategies and activities and;
- ensure the information needs of key stakeholders are fulfilled to help ensure the safe and appropriate use of Astellas products.Specifically, you will:
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Provide strategic medical and scientific expertise in support of all affiliate Medical Affairs deliverables and cross-functional activities
- Demonstrate matrix leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnerships with key internal (Global and Regional) and external stakeholders to ensure all MA affiliate activities address local needs and advance the medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle
- Responsible for understanding and engage external stakeholders to advance the understanding of and science behind compounds and companion diagnostics in development, the safe and effective use of Astellas treatments products and disease states that they treat.
- Responsible for engaging and working closely with key internal stakeholders, including the brand teams across the affiliate to achieve business objectives for the affiliate.
- Ensures all affiliate MA activities deliver value and are based on scientific validity, clinical importance and on time & budget.
- Solid Pharmaceutical experience as a Medical Advisor or Medical Manager in Oncology and/or Speciality medicine, or experience within the NHS as a Consultant or Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Master in Pharmaceutical Industry or Health Science.
- Doctoral degree (MD or PharmD) Phd or Registered Pharmacist
• Full time
• Location: United KingdomWe offer
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring work climate
- Attractive remuneration package
The UK affiliate is a very supportive team, there has been great emphasis to support employees during COVID during home working that shows that the leaders care about employees as people first. There are opportunities to get involved with workstreams such as Wellness and Stellar Women that offer range of activities non-work related.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.