Electrical Design Engineer Huddersfield Up to £50k
If so, then see below....... Electrical Design Engineer Huddersfield Up to £50k Huxley Engineering and an Engineering Innovator in Complex Electro-Mechanical Engineering, based near Huddersfield, are looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer
- Are you an Electrical Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer / Mechatronics Design Engineer / Electrical Engineering Design?
- Do you have Electrical Design Engineering experience for Special Purpose Machinery / Robotics / Automated Machinery / Complex Electro-Mechanical Equipment?
- Do you have experience of both Electrical Design (Cabling, Packaging, Interfaces, PLC's) AND Compliance / Certification experience?
on a staff basis, owning to support strategic objectives and to develop the engineering, manufacturing & assembly capability at its Huddersfield HQ.
As part of its growth & development strategy, this Engineering Innovator is expanding its Design & Development Team and is looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer
to develop the product engineering, certification & validation capability. The Electrical Design Engineer Role As the Electrical Design & Compliance Engineer
, you will be pivotal in the electrical design, development, compliance & certification of high complexity next-generation machinery.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer
will encompass the following key areas:
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required for the Electrical Design Engineer Role:
- Ongoing design improvements to Electrical System including cabling, packaging, interfaces between sub-systems and the Control Systems (PLC and PC based)
- Creation and maintenance of Electrical Compliance Documentation
- Liaising with Systems, Electronic and Mechanical Engineers
- Troubleshooting and problem solving all issues relating to Electrical Design
- Support of Test, Commissioning and Service engineers
For the successful Electrical Design Engineer,
- HNC / HND / Degree in Electrical Engineering or extensive experience in a similar role
- Electrical design experience for advanced machinery, electromechanical systems, robotics etc
- Experienced in electrical compliance, particularly functional safety. Ideally knowledge of IEC 61508/BS EN 62061, but BS EN ISO 13849 is acceptable
- Awareness of CE marking and other regional regulatory requirements such as for North America
- Experience in machinery directive and relevant safety legislation associated with special purpose machinery development
- Aware of health and safety requirements for electrical systems
- Good knowledge of noise immunity (requirements and design)
- Competence with Electrical draughting package (preferably "Solidworks Electrical")
- Experience with High Voltage systems is desirable, not essential
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs, including Tia Portal Software, is desirable
a salary up to £50,000 is on offer and this Electrical Design Engineer
role is commutable from Huddersfield, Sheffield, Barnsley, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Pontefract, Dewsbury, Holmfirth, Penistone, Oldham, Rochdale and Holmfirth.
To be considered for this Electrical Design Engineer
role, please apply via the link below.