OUTSIDE IR35Scope of Service:
To provide vehicle architect services to the concepts department, within the cockpit & seating zone. Delivering conceptual design for current & future projects aligned to timing plans and gateway requirements.Key Deliverables:
Key Skills & Experience:
- Creation and maintenance of parametric primary hard points within CATIA environment for cockpit & seating zone, ownership of cross functional review and feasibility of primary hard points in line with project timings and gateways
- Generation & development of innovative concept proposals and package environments for cockpit & seating zone to meet future legislative, customer and company requirements in line with project timings and gateways
- Review and feedback on surface releases regarding hard point and package compliance to ensure aligned development and agreed feasibility status at design process gateways
- Lead and track package development status for cockpit & seating zone through management of CATIA environment and relevant tracking documents to provide status
- Lead and liaise with cross functional departments and group partners to provide lead on cockpit & seating zone technologies
- Appropriate experience working in the Automotive Industry or related industries within vehicle architecture / packaging roles
- Experience of concept development process and maturation through delivery and launch.
- Strong influencing skills and communication, with a commitment to building positive relationships with other functions, and Group as an outward facing expert.
- Ability to share technical knowledge effectively with others.
- Demonstrable knowledge applicable to the technology areas in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Understanding and application of all required sign off legislative and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of problem solving tools and skills.
- CATIA V5 trained and proficient - fundamentals, assembly, kinematics, surfacing, CAVA disciplines
- Microsoft office proficient - Outlook, Excel, Power point, Access
- Higher Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Fluent English language skills
- Proficiency in German language would be an advantage