Flexible working after settling-in period;
Commutable from London;
Outstanding growth opportunity in fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment;
A chance to work on a game-changing aerial robotic technology for industrial inspection and security applications;
Industry standard pension and annual leave, company phone plan, company bike scheme.
Join us in developing aerial robot products that provide unique capabilities in the inspection of large structures and machines including wind turbines, dams and ships, as well as products providing robotic defences to challenging threats such as hostile or nuisance drones.
We are looking for an experienced robotics software engineer to join our diverse team, with:
- an advanced degree in, and/or substantial industry experience with, Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) systems
- an ability to distil requirements and formulate test plans
- solid architectural skills, UML, SysML
- a high standard of software development practice, including test-first development and design pattern basics
- great coding skills, especially in C++ and Python
- a good, rapid-prototyping mindset
- ideally, some experience with ROS
- ideally, some experience in developing or integrating SLAM pipelines for mobile robots
The role is based in leafy Milton Keynes, an 8min Uber or 15min cycle from the station, with a 35min fast train to London Euston. We are open to flexible working after an initial settling-in period.
This role will involve integrating third party SLAM-based navigation systems for advanced unmanned aerial vehicles to address a range of challenging industrial and security applications, as well as some SLAM pipeline development.
Note to recruiters: we appreciate things are tough out there, but we rarely engage with agencies. If we do decide to use an agency for this or any future role, selection will be based on our own research. Please fight the temptation to cold call us about this role, but do feel free to jump onto our radar at info at autonomousdevices dot co dot uk.