QA Lead - QA Automation Lead / Automation Test LeadHome / Office Based (+Hybrid)
*Candidates can be based anywhere in the UK, with an expectancy to visit the head office once or twice per month (Bolton, North West UK) for ceremonies/events etc
*Sponsorship is NOT available, sorry. About The QA Lead Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead several QA Engineers in our Sales domain and working closely with the development teams that look after our Basket and Checkout applications, as well as the systems that power our Payments and Pricing platforms. You will be providing insight and expertise in improving the approach and processes that the teams employ.
We're looking for individuals who can advocate improving the quality throughout our development process and encourage continuous improvement to ways of working.
In this role, the QA Lead develops effective and efficient methods, maintains documentation throughout the QA process, and communicates with development teams to provide a reliable, consistent, and positive end-user experience.
The QA Lead ensures rigorous testing throughout the development process, identifying potential issues and reporting them back to development teams. The QA Lead will ensure that the appropriate focus is placed on automation at every stage of the QA process.Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing as QA Lead:
As QA Lead, you'll coach, manage, and mentor several people in your team You'll be identifying improvements and initiatives across the team including Agile development practices including but not restricted to: Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, CDEP, and DevOps. Embedding Design practices, processes, and systems to enable your team to work as effectively as possible. QA Lead - Key Responsibilities
A Few Things About You:
- Leading and implementing the software testing and automation testing strategy.
- Driving continuous development of the QA function.
- Monitoring effectiveness of the QA function.
- Defining best practices for test infrastructure & liaising with DevOps in areas such as CI/CD
- Responsible for the release process and quality of code deployed to production.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and provide escalation management.
- Adapt and remain flexible to changing priorities and consider new ideas while having the business's success firmly in focus.
- Management of the QA team, including mentoring of junior members of the team.
· Leading a transformational change within a tech organisation
· Mentoring and coaching team members to improve their craft
· Introducing and implementing shift-left quality-enhancing practices
· Building and maintaining automation frameworks; are proactive in finding gaps, providing solutions, and sharing these with the wider team.
· Developing an organisational QA strategy