Job DescriptionWe're looking for a Growth Marketing Lead
We're looking for an experienced performance marketing specialist to join our founding team and take ownership of our growth marketing strategy. As our first marketing hire, you'll have the responsibility to establish and scale our routes to growth from our current strong organic base. We're a small, fast-growing, and collaborative team looking for someone to help to grow the business 3X year on year. You'll report directly to our founder and CEO, Cat Jones.We help people explore the world by travelling through it, not flying over it
We're taking on climate change by building the first platform for flight-free holidays. Founded in March 2020, we're backed by Innovate UK, and have raised £1.2M from incredible investors. Revenues are surging thanks to organic traction in press, from Positive News to the Guardian, and social helping us to spread the joy of journeying by train and boat, experiencing the lesser-known parts of the world instead of flying over them. We're certified as a Pending B Corporation, which means we're committed to building a business that's a force for good. Join us to get our seamless and personal flight-free travel to a wider audience. Help to blaze a trail in sustainable, authentic, and conscious travel!Responsibilities
What We're Looking For
- Use growth tactics for customer acquisition, both strategically and through hands-on execution.
- Leverage paid media, landing page optimization, and SEO.
- Partner with our social and content manager to optimise cross-channel efficiency and influencer management.
- Partner with our engineering team to optimize the full customer lifecycle from onboarding and retention to LTV, referrals, and virality.
- Use data to identify, prioritise and review growth & marketing initiatives.
- Launch campaigns from scratch: propose budgets, test audiences, propositions, landing pages, and creatives, and use data to prioritise
- Experience of B2C growth marketing and customer acquisition:
- Hands-on experience with all major paid digital acquisition channels (including PPC, search, affiliate, and social).
- Web analytics, ad, data, and tracking platform experience including Google Tag Manager, Analytics, and Data Studio.
- CRM and automation experience (Zapier/Integromat/similar).
- A/B testing and data insights experience.
- Understanding of cohort-based insights.
Experience in product development for growth.High data literacy and understanding of brand, product, and business.Ability to think long-term and big picture.What Would Be Great (but Isn't Required)
What We Offer
- Experience with product, partnerships, content, and community building.
- Marketing experience in a high-growth startup, especially a travel startup.
- Experience with influencers.
Join a travel startup in 2021! Are you crazy?
- £40,000 - £45,000 p.a. (depending on experience) plus stock options.
- Remote-first and flexible working.
- Exposure to all parts of the business and countless opportunities for growth and development and we expand our marketing team.
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an early-stage startup.
Covid lockdowns saw a total shutdown of air travel and opened people's eyes to the environmental bounce-back possible. At the same time, we've all had to slow down and reconnect with our local areas as never before. Emerging from lockdown, airport experiences, quarantines and long flights with strangers are prompting many to look to travel closer to home. 2021 is the year of the staycation and holidays away from the crowds, and our bookings are surging despite having spent nothing on marketing this year. This trend in flight-free travel is only growing year on year, as more people choose to value sustainability when planning their trips.Interested?
We're committed to building a diverse team and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter.